MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

If I May Ask . . .

Guest Guest

Hey chica...nice to see you again!

Kay and others have moved on at times...some have started their own sites, others I can't say why...maybe life got busy or priorities changed or an array of different reasons.

One thing I can say though is the special *touches* they left on MrsSurvival continue to live on today...they are missed but remembered fondly.

*smile*

Here ya go:

Meatloaf to Die For

Mix together:

2 pounds ground beef

1 egg

crumbs from 2 slices fresh white bread (grind in blender)

half a large bell pepper, diced

4 large raw carrots, grated

milk (2% or skim okay)

V8 juice

Worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper

Notice that this doesn't call for onion (for those who don't like it) but you can add it if desired; and with the liquids, you have to estimate it so you have about an equal amount of each and enough to moisten the mixture but not make it sloppy wet. Pack this into a loaf pan and bake it at 350F for about an hour. Scrub and fork stab potatoes and throw them in at the same time and in an hour you have a complete meal.

Serve this with ketchup. And if you can find hot ketchup at the store, men go nuts over it on big slabs of this meatloaf...

(from Kay)

PS -- I definitely add onions and a few other goodies.

Guest Guest

Sounds yummy! edensong, I would add onions too...I just thought maybe if someone had a little hot sauce added to their catchup that might do the trick...

Guest Guest

I have one that everyone loves and leaves them licking their plates when they are done, not wanting to miss a morsel.

Here it is..........

Mix the following ingredients together..........

Ground chuck or round

1-egg per pound of meat

1-cup catsup per pound of meat

Add carrots grated finely, chopped-peppers/onions,

mushrooms, what have you to taste.

Mix in crushed saltine crackers until you have a good consistency.

Place in a baking dish/pan and top with catsup or cheese, or both.

Bake in oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Or if you are into grilling, you can bake this on the grill for another added flavor. It is simply scrumptious!

You can also bake potatoes and corn (in the husks) at the same time. Add fruit in season for dissert and wa’la! You have a delicious, complete meal that your family will be begging you to make for them often.

Birdie

• 2 years later...