MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Calling from the pub!!

Just to pop in and say hello from our friendly local pub which is now online! Our modem got fried after a lightening storm hit the elctricity and caused a power surge. I have had no internet for two weeks now (arrgggghhhhh!!); I do miss it quite a lot. The upshot is I've managed to achieve quite a lot in the time I would normally be on the computer! Mr Lowie is going to take it in to his IT dept at work and get them to sort it out and instal the new modem which is giving him a headache. Hopefully this will get the problem sorted out this coming week. In the meantime - cheers and mine's a pint!!

Guest Guest

Glad to know what happened, Lowie! We missed you.

Don't spill your pint on the keyboard!!

(I'll bet they go through *more* keyboards that way!! LOL)

Guest Guest

I hope you are back with us soon.

I used to have that problem here. Every time it rained, if there was lightning, I got hit. They came out with new surge protectors that protected everything aginst lightning and I rushed out and bought 2 of them. Now I can stay on line during storms even. Have not had a problem since. I highly reccomend them, they work great!

Hill