MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What is it like where you are?

We live on a gravel road, so traffic by here doesn't amount to much. Mostly, it's the neighbors or local farmers who drive by. It's nice to see the school bus again, too. We live a mile from a main highway, and beginning tomorrow a mile of it will be closed for a month. We don't look forward to the amount of traffic that will no doubt use our road. Oh well - when it's done, we'll appreciate our quiet once again.

Though we are in a rural area, the road is the main road between Bath and Cameron, so we normally have quite a lot of traffic. This weekend there are campers or loaded pickups going to or coming from their camp... there are a number of them in our area. Didn't count them though.

School starts this week, some tommorrow, but Bath starts on Thursday.

I live on a major route....and i live across from a hospital.......

Just saw a U-hall truck/2 ambulances/so many cars/trucks and Suv's it's hard to count....one every few seconds.....up and down the hill........i give.

Ya know.......i'm so used to the traffic........i notice only when it's quiet......hahahaaaaaa

Although we live in a rural area, our village itself lies mainly along an A road, which can be quite busy, although not as busy as the house where we lived before. Alot of the traffic is agricultural - feed lorries, tractors, combines, etc. It's busier in summer with lots of tourists about, and ofcourse there is the extra traffic from the pub. Our house sits 50 or so feet back from the pavement, so it's not too bad, although I think double glazing would make a difference inside the house! You don't notice it much when you are in the back garden. The Great Dorset Steam Fair finished yesterday and a lot of the traffic going back down to the West country goes past our door, so we have laods of vintage vehicles, tractors and steam traction engines trundling along and shaking the foundations - good fun!

No trucks or busses here. We have 9 families on this road which is about a mile long. Before the last 2 families moved in we had very little traffic. But theses 2 families make a zillion quick trips a day. SInce it is 10 miles to town they must be driving to the little bait/gas station that is 2 miles away. I suspect they run to the bait shop every time they get hungry or thirsty. Where else could they be going and returning that quick?

We are about half a mile from a 2 lane state road. In 2 weeks they will have the trail of tears motorcycles go by. We always hear several hundred cycles go by in a few minute span. I enjoy it but I imagine if it were more frequent it would be a different story.

We currently live in a private lake subdivision. There is not much traffic except early in the morning and late in the afternoon when everyone travels back and forth to work. We also have several retiree's that walk by most every hour.

The school bus also is a welcome sight. Living in a neighborhood creates alot of summer time children noise. As of last week...things have gotten super quiet around here

My street is a very very fine street, with 2 cats in he yard.....

Oops, I have 2 dogs not cats. Our street was just widened, repaved and had sidewalks put in. We lost 20 feet of our front yard in the deal, but that is another story. I always feel a bit sad this time of year, I think it is the weather change and less light. I pull up again later in Sept. We just had our BIG rodeo and fair in town. 20,000 people came to visit Ellensburg. It was fun and life flowed differently here for the whole week. Back to normal tomorrow and I am putting that day off by staying up to write this.

Our street is now a main artirial with a lot of traffic going to and from the north of town. Campers, hunters and firefighters use our street a lot during the summer, There is a church up north as well as one of our 3 elementry schools. The high school marching band paraded by the other night. That was nice. Having sidewalks is very nice. All kinds of people come walking by. My dogs love to sit in the front yard and watch the people. It took me about a year of work to get each dog trained to not leave our unfenced front yard. It is worth it, we all enjoy life as it passes by.