MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good morning everyone

Good morning to you! I've been at work since 6 a.m. Around 4:30 this morning, I grabbed a quick bowl of cereal laced with fresh strawberries, poured a cuppa Joe and headed out for the morning commute. It's cool mornings here, high 50s and cool (!) days, low 80s. Wonderful weather. I'll work til noon, then off to get a tattoo. Yes, that's correct. I'm having an old tattoo revamped, actually. Then I have a tentative lunch date with an old friend from high school, if he makes it to Austin in time, after which my boyfriend and I are going to a flea market today in Warrenton, TX. It's located about halfway between where he lives (south of Houston) and where I live (south of Austin). About a one and a half hour drive for each of us. We're not sure where we'll sleep tonight. We have a choice between a B&B in Columbus, TX, and his RV. Either way, it'll be a lovely tryst, I think, and a good opportunity to do some Christmas shopping.

Hope you all have a terrific day today, and that your weather cooperates! sg

Shepherd gets a small fire going in the fireplace to take the chill off the Sunporch and heads to the kitchen to mix up some waffle mix. It's a beautiful morning - I just saw 5 deer grazing in the alfalfa field.

We have waffle toppings gallore: peaches, apples, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry... and of course maple syrup. The bacon's frying and putting wonderful smells into the air.

I missed Snowmom's breakfast yesterday so I hope to surprise her today. Hope you don't have to work again today Seldiesgirl. Becca, are you feeling any better today? Lois, glad you're bout with the flu is over. I'm hoping to avoid that!

Well the bacon's done and the griddle's hot. Coffee's on and hot chocolate is steaming in the thermos. Hope you can make it.

Big hugs (((((Snowmom))))). It's good to be back. It's been a refreshing change, not working professionally. I didn't know if I could handle it for long, but I'm loving it so far.

There's so much I've been able to do that I never had time for before and I'm busier than ever.

I thought it was odd to see the deer this morning, since for about 2 weeks now, they've been making themselves scarce. I figured that was in preparation for the hunting season (they always disappear then). We have a lot of deer and turkey on our property... and we love it.

Hi all! Pass the coffee! I spent a couple of hours trying to clean out my kitchen cabinets. I thought it would be nice to know (and be able to see) what's in them. Giggle.

Have a good weekend folks.

Still got some of those waffles, blueberry syrup and hot chocolate? I'm just getting home from working this morning and boy does brunch sound good! Thanks Shepherd! I'll help clean up as soon as I'm finished eating.

We see a lot of deer around here too. I think they're showing up more because the farmers are harvesting corn and interrupting their places of eating. They'll disappear again as soon as hunting season starts. I heard on the news where Iowa is allowing an extra 3,000 or was it 30,000 deer to be hunted this year. Too many zeros for me!

It is nice to see you back Shepherd. You've been missed!

Another beautiful day. I just love fall. Poor DH has to use 2 blankets (sissy yankee) at night cuz Momo loves open windows. Momo can claim hot flashes when she wants fresh air!

Went to our country inn nearby for a folksy big breakfast. DH had french toast and bacon. I had a huge breakfast burrito with sausage, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, cheese and salsa. Yummy. We caught up with all the local doin's and teased the newlywed neighbors. He's 76 and she's about 70. It's cute to get them to blush.

Hope everyone else had a great day. Time for me to get the bedroom chilled for tonight!

Good mornin' everybody! My bunch is sleeping late today so we've not enjoyed breakfast yet. I'm planning a big ol' southern breakfast. Sausage, eggs, fried potates,biscuits, and sawmill gravy. (That would be the white breakfst gravy for you folks not familiar with the term. )

I'm hoping to enjoy a day outside in the cool weather. We don't have anything planned My husband is off from work this weekend so maybe we can spend some time together as a family.

I hope to spend some time working on my Christmas ornaments this afternoon. I also have plans for some gifts to make. I have been battling major depression for the last couple of weeks and I haven't even started. I know that if I could just get started that I would feel better. For me, crafts are great therapy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Hugs Mommafitz - nice to meet you. Don't let that ol depression get ya! Get those crafts out girl - that's exactly what you need.

Momo, you're a riot, LOL. Thanks for the WB (((Dee))).