MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A new week

It's a very nice day here, too. I'm going to start some fall cleaning today. There's not much going on for me this week, so I don't have any excuses for not working around here.

We were in our local Wal-Mart the other evening and bought 3 very large houseplants for just $3.50 each. We re-potted them yesterday, and now I have to decide where to put them. Then the big job - keeping them alive!!!

First thing on my to-do list is vacuum up my friends, the beetles! Not so many today, so maybe spraying has helped hold them down. I HOPE!

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day here with bright sunshine and leaves floating down from the trees. I absolutely love fall!!!

I read what you wrote about the salmon Snow. I think you're probably right about lemon. Lemon does something extra special to fish.

I'm off for lunch at a Chinese restaurant with a friend so you all have a good one!

Brigid - Dee is right about those pesky beetles. And, like she said, we'll have them in our homes all winter. We learn to live with them, I guess.

We could use some of that rain. It's so dry here -I don't even remember the last time we had enough rain to measure. It's been quite warm and very nice, though, this week.

Have a nice week!

Good Morning Dee and Mary, thanks for your kind thoughts... yup time to move on.

we were supposed to have rain all day yesterday, but it cleared in the afternoon and turned out quite nice.

Today it is supposed to rain again, although it isn't yet.

I am working after school today, painting some other ladies house, inside. Must go wake up teenagers for school, I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Snowie, hope you have a good day at the nursing home.... and I hope you get some rain. We got a lot of it yesterday and it really rained last night. We can finally feel fall in the air, little nippy at night. We had strong winds yesterday and it blew a lot of the leaves down, so I guess I will be raking and raking for the next week or two.

Have a great day.

Hi All,

It's beautiful outside today.....72 and breezy......not alot of leaves changing.......the weather guys said it's cuz of all the rain we had over the summer......the trees are very healthy so the leaves are glued on pretty well.....even way up north in New Hampshire and Maine the leaves are'nt peak yet.....very strange.

Nuttin real exciting happenin......looked at a few houses .....terrible and unsafe some of them....all need new roofs and exterior paint to start with.....and i can't believe how piggie people are....I would be ashamed.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Smooooochies,

deb

Hi Everyone -

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Iowa. The leaves are turning and falling from the trees. Most of the soybeans have combined by now and yields weren't good....too much dry weather and too many of those aphids (which my friends, the asian beetles, were to be eating!). But maybe the corn crop will be better!

It's gorgeous here too Mary. I heard down your way you got some rain last night. We didn't and we sure need it!

Don't suppose I'll be around tomorrow or the rest of the weekend so everyone have a great one!

Another beautiful day here. It's so beautiful that we can't even get any rain. It's been several weeks since we got rain at our house. All around us had rain though.

DH and I went to play with the Princesses yesterday and got tuckered out. We painted some gourds. Definitely adventurous with a 5 and 1 year old!

Today we didn't go anywhere! That's the first time in about a year that I didn't go anywhere. Mostly piddled around here. A little cleaning and some organizing. I did alot of home cooking ahead too. My freezer is really full now. DH has alot of Dr. appt's coming up so I'll have some good meals ready to nuke now.

Hope it was beautiful where you are!