MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Smoking at 225 compared to 180 or lower on pellet smokers

Hey all,

What are people's thoughts are smoking on pellet smokers on lower temps vs a slightly high temp like 225 which still gives a good amount of smoke but gives that little bit more heat.

Does that little extra heat allow more smoke to be absorbed compared to the lower temps?

I've had my Rec Tec Bull over a year now and just got used to starting a lot of meats at

180(low or Xtreme smoke setting) and not 225. Although a lot of recipes do 225. Perhaps it is just because of time but just got me thinking.

Just now, maymayms said:

Hey all,

What are people's thoughts are smoking on pellet smokers on lower temps vs a slightly high temp like 225 which still gives a good amount of smoke but gives that little bit more heat.

Does that little extra heat allow more smoke to be absorbed compared to the lower temps?

I've had my Rec Tec Bull over a year now and just got used to starting a lot of meats at

180(low or Xtreme smoke setting) and not 225 brisket. Although a lot of recipes do 225. Perhaps it is just because of time but just got me thinking.

thanks for any help