MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's a birthday...

Guest Guest

**Cat pulls out the party machine. She replaces the spark plug, adjusts the belts, and oils it while humming a simple little birthday song. She tests the switches and, satisfied, begins to make the correct settings. She pulls the lever, and the curtain rolls back…

The room is heavy with the scent of roses. Deep red roses, accented with cheerful daisies, babies breath and sprigs of fir branches fill huge, ornate vases on the table and the fireplace mantle.

The fire dances in the fireplace, casting a golden glow onto the tapestry-covered stone walls. Pots of ivy wound loosely with yellow and cream ribbons frame the windows, looking out onto a serene garden. The pond holds the moonlight, rippling across the surface in a sparkling eruption of light on darkness. Inviting green grass frames beds of fragrant roses.

Great swags of forest-green velvet and cream satin accent the huge tables laden with a birthday feast. Platters of hot, sliced meats surround the fresh tortillas, tomatoes, lettuce, beans and other delights, ready for fajitas, burritos, tacos, or whatever combination the guests desire.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are artfully arranged at the side, where salads await. Candles and flowers decorate the table where an enormous birthday cake stands surrounded with plates of warm brownies, piles of chocolates, and a vast assortment of cheesecakes.

happygirl walks into the room elegantly attired in a pale yellow gown, her beautiful hair piled high into the golden birthday tiara studded with sparkling emeralds.**

Happy birthday, Sweetie. Your cheer and sweet nature contribute greatly to the friendliness of the site. May all of God’s richest blessings be yours in the coming year.

And I miss your *groaner* jokes...

*HappyGirl walks into the beautiful party room blushing* Giggle......I'm late for my own party!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you all so very much.....I had a good birthday....I'll have to tell you about it later though, I can only be here for a little bit. Thank you one and all (and Cat, you throw such great parties......thank you! You really know how to make a gal feel special! )!