MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

LowCarbing----7/27---About Fiber.....

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Originally, all carbohydrate grams were counted the same (on the Atkins plan). But in recent years, He discovered that since the body doesn't really digest and process fiber, the dieter can SUBTRACT dietary fiber grams from the total carb count of a product! i.e. a slice of Atkins brand bread has a total of 7 grams of carb. It has 4 grams of fiber....you subtract the 4 fiber from the 7carbs and have a net carb.count of THREE!!! On the other hand, you might find an item that was 7 grams of carb, with 0 grams fiber....(nothing to subtract) so you're stuck with the 7 grams!!! When you're only eating between 20-30 grams a day....it is a nice bonus to have a few extras given to you this way! I try not to abuse the system; this is just one way that the program has evolved over the years! Don't forget, Atkins has been around for almost 30 years! 10's of thousands have lost tons of weight successfully and happily using his guidelines!

Tuesday is weigh-in day for me at the Dr's office! He's not hard to please though...he is still in awe of the changes that have taken place in the past year! Don't forget, I saw him first weighing 401pounds; a bundle of tears and exhaustion; unable to cope with my job, and on the verge of a stroke or heart attack!

My cholesterol is down too, by the way....will get copies of labs whenever I can.

Hoping to hear from you gals! Keep up the good work low-carbers!!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

Thanks girls!!! The health food store here orders it for me! Nature's Outlet is the name of it.....GNC carries a lot of Atkins stuff; they would probably order you a case of 6 loaves if you ask them. It's really exp. tho'....even by the case, with 10% discount, I paid $28.80 for 6 loaves!!! I have to think of it IN COMPARISON to the McDonald's drive through!!! It really is super tho' to be able to put your turkey/mayo on TOAST! Or have French toast, or sliced up you can have little cinnammon/spenda bread sticks!!! It sure doesn't feel like dieting!!!

I hope you can find some....if not, you can always get a catalog from Atkins, and order it directly from them, either online or through the mail!!

I've got to hit the sack....it's been a good day, but I'm beat! I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is good..... Nite all!