MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

wedensday

morning....

I heared the same thing about honey .. also heared it is good to give a teaspoon befor bed to bed wetters and it helps then from wetting.

goatheader..do you plan on going back to work when you get to Payson,

peacefulhome .. how do you like your new haircut. that is sweet of you to be so thoughtful with the meals.

it rained during the night we needed it here.

not much going on here . today is the last day with my family, they are planning on heading out tomorrow, they have a wedding to go to first then on home.

Well, today is my last day at school. My kids usually wear uniforms, but for promotion, they can wear regular clothes within certain guidelines. They all look so grown up! I did have to send one young lady home to change because she wore hip huggers and an short shirt. Oh well, they signed a dress code agreement so should have known better!

I don't want to have a contracted teaching position in Payson this year because we are looking at property in Snowflake. Things have just fallen into place it seems. The fellow that supplies my mom with wood want to buy her place because it is an acre of commercial property where he could have his business. We are going to look at a place outside of Snowflake as soon as it can be arranged. We have an investment that is paying out soon, so all of our ducks seem to be lining up!

As for teaching, I'll probably sub next year. I don't know if I want to go back full time. I have too many other projects I want to pursue. Right now I have 3, maybe 4 books I want to get on paper. I also want to turn whatever farm we get into a profitable enterprise. Most of all I want to spend time with my mom while we still have time.

My kids get promoted at 8:15 then I clean out my room, turn in my keys and stuff, pick up my last check, and I'm officially unemployed!

Guest Guest

Wish I could rest but got to do. Too HOT to do much but did trim my roses and fertilized them. Was sweating just doing that. But hate to close up the house and turn on the air. I will take the after noon off since it's to hot to get any thing done but clean the basement. NOT Di

There is always to do here too.

Got my shopping done this morning before it got too hot.

It is 85 in the shade here. It is suposed to be 73 tomorrow so I should be able to get my shelves painted and in place, so I have a place to store my copy paper and other supplies for the printer. Need to get some work done in the garden, but will wait until about 4 or 4:30 when it is mostly in the shade up there. I get my honey at the farmers market... about $6 or $7 for 5 pounds. that is about a 1/2 galllon.

We're having a lot of dirty laundry with working outside. When DH gets back from golf we are off to look at gravel for the new path and then I expect we'll buy some. Wouldn't ya know it's pouring down rain. But we are looking forward to getting this project done.

I've been wearing my hair short and it grows fast. Last time I went about 6 weeks and it was looking shaggy. Thing is I really don't need the expense. When you go to a hairdresser for years and get to know them it's hard to quit! Not only that I don't look good in longer hair anymore. All that to say, the day is coming when I need to go to plan B. Let is grow anyway, get it cut less often and look shaggy in between or who knows? I used to cut it myself. Thing is I can't do the back. I asked DH to cut the back straight across once and when he did and then said "Wait a minute, let me even this up" I said "That's enough" because I could see the back of my head bald while he tried to get it even . What do you all do?

I made sour dough pancakes this morning. They were so good. It was the first of my new sourdough batch.

Lois: That was very interesting about the honey. We have a co-op that tries to buy most things organic and locally so I'm going to check there about honey. Our Sunday Market has honey but I believe the sellers are from about 50 miles from here. I am very interested in using the honey to combat allergies and DH's excema.

Thyra: I'll bet you'll miss your family. Sometimes it's good to get back to routine, too.

Mommafitz: Good job for your son.

Snow: I'm not hanging my laundry out today. Not a chance.

Goatherder: Last day of school always brings back a fond memory. I'm sure it's every bit as happy for teachers as students. Good for you for holding the student to the dress code.

Diinmi: It's only 57 here (11 AM). Wish I could send some coolness over your way.