MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need to loose 40 lbs. NOW

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi. It's lynnie-"my husban is leaving me"author. I must loose weight. Let me be honest...part(just part) of the reason is to loose weight, be a knock-out, let my husban drool and feel like he's lost out.

Living well is the best medicine. I know, I know...but passive revenge is tasty too!

((((((Lynie)))))

I'm not going to comment much on your reasons for losing weight, Lord knows I cannot relate to your pain about your marraige.....

but I do believe that you will only lose unwanted pounds when *you* want to for yourself. When your soon to be ex sees how you are changing inside and out, that is just rewards. You just need to take care of yourself and the rest will follow smile.gif

Feel good about being you!

We are here for you!! Our ladies here are wonderful diet and excercise companions, heart and soul!! They are cheerleaders to get you up and pumped!! They are velvet scoopers to pick you up when you fall down!!

Come as often as you can smile.gif

Blessings!!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

Yeah Ginger, I know. It is amazing how typing on a chat makes things sound sharper or different than the words do when I'm saying them.

I know it will be 'for me' when I eventually loose weight. I just can't wait to see his reaction. wink.gif

Lynnie, there are so many different diets. You have to pick the one that is right for you. If you have any medical problems,and want to diet, please see your dr. to make sure it is an ok thing for you to do. Also, do it for yourself, not because of or for someone else. smile.gif

There are many diet pills out there on the market and most of them are NOT good for anyone.

I know that the low-carb is a good diet, I have been on it in the past and lost weight. I have medical problems and so should be more careful how I eat. I will be seeing my dr. tomorrow so will again ask him if I can go on the low-carb diet again.

Good luck and please feel free to post anytime you like.

We count our miles walked each week so if you would like to add your miles, please do so. smile.gif It doesn't matter if it is 1 mile or 10, this way we get to add them up and see how many we all did together. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

I'm not crazy about Slim-Fast, or anything that substitutes good, whole foods for processed foods.

My advice would be to remove "white stuff" from your diet:

We're talking sugar, flour (bread), cheese, milk, fatty meats (white fat), white potatoes.

Add fresh raw fruits and veggies and cooked squash, beans & sweet potatoes.

Eat grilled fish and/or chicken.

When I do this very, very well.....I lose a pound a day, never go hungry, and feel great.

------------------

gl.jpg

Guest Guest

EAT NO CHEESE AND BREAD!!!aND live to talk about it?

My problem is portion size. I eat big. I don't do snack food but I do snack. I snack on cheese, bread, pasta, etc.

I hear ya Lynnie...no bread.....no pasta....just kill me now.......

(i am on a low fat thingie.....bread is low fat....and filling)

I once asked...what's left....grass???

All the diets seem to work.....just gotto find the one that's right for you.....What do ya got to loose???? (teee-heee)

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

"EAT NO CHEESE AND BREAD!!!aND live to talk about it?"

Ah yes....there's the tricky part!! lol grin.gif

That's why I still have weight to lose. It's hard to give it all up at once, but the less of that white stuff you eat the easier it will be to lose weight.

------------------

gl.jpg

[This message has been edited by Goose Liver (edited August 04, 2002).]

Guest Guest

I'm thinking about going on the slim-fast diet for a couple weeks just to jumpstart losing weight. I know, I know, it is not healthy but I need to see a couple pounds drop to get motivated.

Am I crazy!?!

Guest Guest

You know, youre so right. It is the white stuff that kills us. It's just so gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooood!