MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Carla Emery

Synn

Guest Guest

Oh yeah Buttercup, I love my "Encyclopedia of Country Living" and don't know what I'd do without it. There is more information in there than I could ever absorb!

LOL I think I have 3 two old editions and a newer one. I have actually met her in real life and she spent the night in our home. She came to our town and did a presentation on Y2K. It was quite an honor. I call it my second Bible. Not trying to be sacreligious, that's just something I have always said.

I have a copy of the 9th edition; a lot of it is not relevant to the UK, but it is till interesting reading.

I was involved for a short time om a project for making the book publishable (?) in Europe, but it fell through, not my fault.

The book Is OK, in my opinion, and interesting. I would like to see a similar thing aimed more at the UK market, though. This may be in the offing..............

I thought they were still in the process of rewriting the book for the UK. Using metric measures and things. I was trying to help Carla and a bunch of numerous people work on the new edtion. Until I had my phone service shut off. That was last summer. I will have to email Carla and ask her if it's still in the works.

Guest Guest

10th edition is in the works.

Lowie, I will ask Carla on Saturday about the UK edition and what happened.

I am going to buy another book even though I have it and really want the 10th edition. I will give the new one to a friend for Christmas.

Guest Guest

due the the fire and being evacuated, it doesn't look like I will make Carla's visit tomorrow so I won't be able to ask her in person.

If I am gone for awhile not to worry, I will be back. Once we leave we can't get back in. Sadly I can only take one load of goats with me.

We are holding out for the last possible moment. I hate to have nothing happen and be locked out of my area to feed my goats, chickens and rabbits.

Back out to continue packing up my most precious things.