MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Easy Google Genealogy Searcher...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Homey!!! I'm so glad to see that you have been bitten by the bug... Isn't it fun? If you need any help looking up 'stuff' let us know and we'll try our best to help you. I have subscriptions to the census if you need any lookups... Keep searching and have a great time while you're at it...

Hey you guys! I found my family! The Patterson line I was looking for.. I did a google search 2 weeks ago and found some info.. From there I spent hours reading and researching! It helped that I remembered some of the names my mom had told me years ago. And from reading the book that another relative has! I was so excited. I didn't know that google offered this either until that day! IT IS GREAT!!!

SCMary...... Maybe you could help me with this name... Stossmeister...... My grandfathers name was Robert.. Erie PA. I found one census I think it was his from 1930. It said he was born in 1910. I believe this was him. But without a sub I couldn't get any further..

Thanks,

Dawn

Dawn... these are the Stossmeister's that I found in the United States in the Census:

1870:

Alolp - age 40

Emilie - age 15

Theodore - age 55

1900:

Adolph - age 70

Albert - age 42

August - age 38

Fred - age 41

Kate - age 41

Margaret - age 75

William - age 33

1910:

Adolph F. - age 39

Fred - age 48

Mary C. - age 42

Robert - age 56

William - age 42

1920:

Adloph - age 48

Auguste - age 54

Mary C. - age 55

Ottilie - age 58

Ruth E. - age 21

Could any of these be yours? The only Robert Stossmeister that I found was in 1910 in Newport, Campbell County Kentucky. He was boarding with Elizabeth and --- Morgan and their three children. He was male, white, 56 yrs. old, single, born Ohio, German, speaks English, works in machine shop, can read and write. Could this have been the father of the Robert that you found in the 1930 census? The other names on that census page sounded German as well.

Let me know if you'd like to know something about any of the others.