MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Morning All !!!

Hi all. Busy weekend again. Now this afternoon I have to tackle the lawn. Haven't mowed in a week but since we got rain it's really growing again. Have a great day and be careful out there. di

We have t-storms forcast for today along with flash flooding in our county, glad we live on the mountain.

Not going to get anything done outside today, good thing I went to the garden yesterday. I have several yellow squash to get in the freezer.

Laundry was all caught up yesterday so maybe I can get to the other chores here today.

Have a good one......

Here it is the last Monday in August. 117 days before Christmas (thanks Cavey) I went to the thrift shop this morning, and found several things. I picked up a blanket for lil DD for a dollar, it's an old mother goose one. I got 3 shirts for DD, 2 glass coffee mugs, a thermos for hot soups or drinks, a small candle, 5 or 6 shirts for lil dd. PJ's for ds, 6 plastic melmac plates, and 2 bags of rags.. In these bags are t-shirts and such that they feel they can't sell as regular items so they fill the bags and sell them for 50 cents a bag. I got tons of t-shirts and sweat pants and shirts for ds and dh. I spent all of 12 dollars! Oh and I got the cutest little dress for lil dd. And socks probably a dozen pair. That was what I did first thing this morning. Then I went and visited a friend, and had to be at work at 1030 so I left her house at 10 and got to work just on time. She lives in town which is at least 15 miles from our town. I worked until 12. Ate lunch with the boss and sat and chatted for nearly 2 hours. I was dreading going home because it was a mess. Then went home, waited on DH to call and then ran to another town to take in dishwsher payment. Came home and made tacos. MY bil gave us some dishes he no longer used, He married a few weeks ago and so he thinned out his stash. In it was a meat grinder. I ground up some hotdogs tonight in order to make ham salad later. Also in this box was a pampered chef chopper! And Grandma's old metal canisters ( the silver round ones that's say the names of contents on the lids). I know I am now expected to get rid of all my mason jars I have lined up on the counter, in order to make room for this canisters. I think I will just clear another area for them. Maybe if I clean off my hoiser cupboard they could go on it. We'll see. Tonight was spent fighting with teenagers over cleaning. Wasn't pretty. And now I am ver sleepy so I must go. Ya'll have a great day tomorrow! uGH which starts in less than 26 minutes! Night all!

Hey, Buttercup...

that's HOOSIER cupboard!!! *BIG GRIN*

Hoosier, as in INDIANA Hoosier! (No one *really* knows why we're that, but I can give you theories

(Anyone else have a Hoosier cabinet/cupboard????)