MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Morning

Wow Spidey your up early.. Good Morning Ya'll.. It's weird to have classes on Saturday isn't it?

Today is house cleaning and wood cutting day here on our farm! I am going to try and make either home made donuts or cinnamon rolls...

It's a chilly morning out this morning. But I would rather be a little chilly than hot. I am having a bout with my first winter cold.. My head feels completly full.. Yippee for me. Sneeze Sneeze Sneeze Cough Cough Cough.. That's all I have done since I got up.. Well that and sweep the floors.

Ya'll have a great day today.. The sun really does remember how to shine.. Amazing!

Buttercup

Morning, ladies!

I do so enjoy reading what everyone is doing. Hopefully I'll get caught up at work and be able to do the daily posting again, I miss it!

Today I'm doing a few work things, then cooking up the last of my stash of chicken thighs in the crock so that I have some prepared chicken for quick dinners. Thighs are on sale again for $.59/lb, so I'm going to buy more. Plus I have to make room for turkeys! I'm getting two this week, then we'll see what next week's sales bring. I love this time of year cause I can stock up on turkey and ham. The one turkey will be about $.32/lb. Can't beat that!

I'm going to rearrange the freezers and work on the living room, it's a disaster.

For colds, I found this really neat thing-it's a waterless vaporizer by Vicks. It's near the other vaporizers and humidifiers at Walmart, is small, sits on a table, and there's no hot steam to worry about with little ones. They have pads that put out Vicks stuff and it really helps clear you out. I was amazed when I bought mine! I'm working on doing one a week until we get one in every room.

good morning everyone!!! It's raining off and on here. My husband is off to Quilcene to go elk hunting for the week. Season opener is today. Hopefully he will do well. We are both looking forward to the days when all the girls are older and we can go together...right now he sometimes goes on his own and he says he just gets lonely. That and the darndest things happen when he if off on his own. I told him that this is definitely his year for and elk.

MommyofFive, I am going to go look for those vick's thingys. I love vapor rub when I have a cold. My DH thinks I am crazy but the stuff works!

Buttercup, I do hope you start to feel better. I don't know about you but I am much more patient when taking care of someone else who is sick and not myself.

Well, I suppose I had better go. With the halloween being over and no longer having to worry about putting together the carnival at school, I am going to go through every room in the house and clean from top to bottom this week. We heat with the pellet stove (yes, I miss our old wood stove more than I can tell you) but it doesn't get to the back of the house now that we took out the wall btw the kitchen and living room and no longer have a working fan; so the logs in the back bedrooms get water beading up on them and it's easier to just move things away from the outside wall in winter rather than everything getting wet. Someday we'll have the problem licked. Our little log house definitely has it's work cut out for it but we love it all the same.

I have rambled enough. Time to start cleaning. Oh, and feed all the animals. MOM

Have a great day everyone!