MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

BINGO, WEDNESDAY

Well, here's hoping you get lucky tonight!

I wonder where everyone is. I know Snowmom's rather overwhelmed right now... I sure hope DS sets *his* foot down with DW and the boys, too. I've enjoyed seeing Mommyof5 back in more. It's gotta be getting COLD there!!

We're supposed to have some rain move in tonight, with the possibility of it changing to a rain/snow mix tomorrow, but we'll see if it happens. At least it won't stay.

Good Mornin ya'll. It's already 46 here and it's supposed to be in the 60's today. Lil DD is trying her best to convince me that she has a tummy ache and needs to stay home. So I guess she will come with Mommy to work today and help me make my deliveries. Last night we had a catering. I worked 11 hours and 15 minutes! UGH.. I was so tired last night and my feet hurt so badly. I think I slept well though which is a good thing. Carla and her husband Don left the house around 4am.. We didn't have a very good turnout. But I bought some new books, Storey's Basic Country Skills and Barnyard in your backyard. Plus a book on preparedness. Now I am broke again. While here Carla's husband Don checked out my computer since that's what he does. I was supposed to get 30 dollars towards a book but instead we traded that for an antivirus protection for my computer. Since I don't have credit cards or a debit card it's hard for me to purchase things online. So Don did it for me and all it cost me was 10 dollars, plus hosting them. So it all worked out. I finally got all that nasty spyware off my computer. Thank goodness. I had over 600 on here. Well I guess it's time to think about going back to work. I get the day off tomorrow. Because it's veterans day and the kids will be home and the banks will be closed. So the only deliveries that have to be made are the senior citizens.

What a treat to be able to host Carla and Don! I'd love to be able to do that someday! Wonder if the weather had anything to do with the turnout. Did you post what she had to say somewhere?

Cat, I love being able to be here more often. Not sure how often it will be until we get in our own place cause I'm trying to work as much as possible, but I have to devote one day a week to household matters (books, groceries, etc.) and today is the day so I snuck in again! I can justify that by looking for new recipes In The Kitchen, hehe!

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I thought I would. The time just flew by. This morning it was COLD (but high 60s yesterday, Cat!) so when I got done picking off the leftover chicken I put the carcasses in to make a stock to warm up the kitchen. Sure smells nice in there! I also had some chicken I had cooked just to have on hand and have enough bones and scraps to do another pot of stock. I froze those, though, to save for another cold day or when we really need it!

I was so proud of my youngest two-at conferences yesterday their teachers could only rave about them. As we were walkingin, some lady that I've not yet met said "Oh, that's the little cutie from the preschool, isn't it?" I just beamed and said "Yes, ma'am!"

Oldest DD finally told her dad that she wants to come home at Christmas time, but she waited until she'd been punished for not doing homework to tell him, so now he thinks it's cause she's mad at him, which we all agreed in the beginning would not be an acceptable reason to want to come home. He wants me to talk her out of it and as much as I agree that she can't come home cause she's mad, I know that's not the cause and feel like I should try to make him understand that.

OK, off to go do one more post and then back to the kitchen and working on the grocery list. So great to read everyone!