MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday, again

Woke up to rainy dreary day and coold! Didn't win anything at bingo, but still had fun. I am up scanning the internet for different recipes for the Thanksgiving meal. loooking for a little something different, where the vegetables and sides go...

We have ended up going to have company for Thanksgiving, it was just going to be me, dh and dkids. Now we will be adding dh's cousing and her dh. This is how our holiday goes, we don't plan on anything big, but then we end up adding one or two to the dinner list and by the time the dinner finally gets here, we are serving 10 to 15 people....

Well guess I will get off here and get some work done, even though I really am not in the mood to do anything...

Hope everyone has a good day

Your Thanksgiving sounds like ours unikemom. DH and I were invited to my cousins this year. I thought it a great idea and then the kids started calling about what was going on. It's ended up with at least 8 of us here with a possible total of 18 before it's done. How does that happen!

Morning,

Housewise, I haven't done anything today. I've been working.

Things are going from bad to worse with oldest DD. She wants to come home at Christmas, her dad doesn't want her to. Last night we all three had a talk on the phone and I couldn't believe the way that Aimee talked to her dad. She treated him very badly, and I got angry at her for being so disrespectful to him. I had a talk with both of them privately, told her she would have never spoken to me like that, that she can't speak to him like that, and told him that he can't let her treat him that way. he said it's been going on for some time but he hadn't done anything about it. I said "She's 12, it's your JOB to do something about it. If she's doing it now, she's going to be ten times worse by the time she's 16. He agreed (finally) and asked my advice on how to handle. I told him to ground her from everything for a minimum of two weeks. He said that's rather strict (and he thinks he's more strict than I am!) and I said "She treated you like (bleep). You need to be strict on this."

So this morning he tells me he grounded her for a week. I just want to go pick her up right now! UGH. I would appreciate any prayers in this direction, ladies.

Evenin to ya'll. Well gee I made my lunch deliveries in the rain today. Such a lucky lucky girl! Dh will be home in about 15 minutes. And dinner tonight is sitting here waiting. I made use of the cookstove doublefold as it heated the house and made supper tonight. I fixed meatloaf, au grautin potatoes, greenbean casserole, and noodles.. For dessert we are having a caramel cake with caramel icing.. thanks to Duncan Hines.. The children are upstairs quietly watching tv.. So it's a bit peaceful.

On a different note.. I have been without a cigarette in 24 hours. But I want one in the worst way. My poor family.. I am trying to quit plus it's my "time" of the month! UGH..

Weather wise it's really windy out tonight.. Sounds of the howling winds make me cold. It's rained all day long and our temp is now at 40.. Supposed to be freezing tonight. Lots of water everywhere and freezing temps are not a good combo around here. Pretty yes, but dangerous. I hope everyone enjoyed Veterans Day with the children home.

Time to set the table......Hope you all have a glorious night.

Buttercup