MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hey quilty!

Hi sas!! We made it too...our lights browned out a few times and a few flickers but we still have power...we are soooo snowed in here...I either have to go down a very long steep hill or a twisting turning road to get to town and i cant find out from anyone or anything how the roads are. Last evening there was a half an inch of ice and then all the snow on the road and its still there this morning...now its blowing around and the dogs are having fun playing in it lol...any idea when we will get out of this mess? stay safe and warm there yall

Umm, other than a station out of Paris I don't know. You could always called the Sheriff's Dept. and they could tell you or where to find out.

DH and youngest DD went to town this morning, they made it fine but did have to take it easy. He starts midnights tonight so he wanted to get an idea on road condition's. Although since he'll be going in the opposite direction I don't know how that helped LOL!

I'm not sure how long it will stay around but it sure is a mess here. I wouldn't mind just snow, but we started out with freezing rain, then lots and lots of sleet, then snow on top of that.

Here in southeast Tenn. all we had was rain and cold, cold, cold.....maybe next time....If your dh has to leave out late evening, he needs to be careful, even though the roads were ok earlier, anything on them now will freeze back over this evening, when the temps drop....

I was looking at NOAA just a bit ago, they had it down that our high today was going to be 43,,,WE HAVE NOT BEEN OUT OF THE 20*S ALL DAY!!!! How do they figure we are gonna warm up over 20 degrees this late in the evening?????