MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We need your prayers

Bamboo

On December 28th my mom was in a severe car accident and is still in the hospital. She has a closed head injury, concussion, fractured ribs, punctured lung, and fractured pelvis. She is doing pretty well considering, but I ask that you would keep her in your prayers.

She was in a Lincoln Towncar and someone in a Tahoe ran a red light and hit her on the passenger side. She was a passenger in the vehicle. She was pinned between the crushed door and the transmission which had broken and come up through the floor of the car. It has been kind of hard on the family too. I live over 100 miles from there so I've been down there for the week, just came home because of work for a couple of days and my sister and aunt are going to stay with her until I go back down tuesday night for a couple more days.

Thanks for your prayers... I know I can count on you and that is a great blessing in itself.

Oh geez Spider, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

I know what you're talking about though. I *had* a Lincoln Navigator and was struck on my driver's door by a woman that was driving a mini van.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was in such a *tank* of a car, and sitting up so high, who knows how much worse it coulda been...it's hard for me to think about because the thought just scares me....*sigh*

Her impact though, was enough to total out my vehicle, and I was forced to go buy a new one. I bought a regular sized car, but it still kinda scares me to not have the height nor sturdiness that I had in the SUV. I just don't need anything that big anymore, and am not interested in paying for the increased costs of operating such a huge vehicle.

I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers.

(((((((spider)))))))

Thanks for your prayers everyone. Just wanted to update you. Mom is still in the hospital and will probably be there for another week. Two days ago they found she had a blood clot in her leg and so she has been on bed rest for the past 24 hours. She should be able to restart physical therapy today. Thanks again.

Archived