MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saying "hi"

Guest Guest

I'm actually not new to the site, have been reading and posting here and there for over a year now - love this web site!

I'm happily married (50 years this coming Valentines!) and live outside of a small town on five acres. No, we don't have a garden this year unless you count Cucumbers that are stunted and Zucchini that isn't driving us over the top with fruit, but we are enjoying what we have and have a friend who is growing more than enough for us to share.

I love to knit and make doll clothes and do this for a place near me called Friendship House which is a place for families in need. Knit for a group called Warm The Babies and enjoy doing that too - we knit full size as well as preemie outfits so with the doll clothes too can usually use up my complete supply of yarn.

I am a reader also as is my husband and most evenings you will find us with our nose in a book of some kind. Right now am reading the Murder She Wrote Books - have my name in at out library for Diane Mott Davidson's new mystery and have a bag of mysteries loaned to me by a good friend so have no lack of reading material.

Going to can Peaches this weekend with a friend from our RC (radio controlled) airplane club - he is a single guy but loves to can so yesterday bought three cases of Peaches - hope I didn't over do it but we ran out of fruit this year from last year's canning so here we go.

We have two children a daughter who has two children - just took her daughter to California to start college where do the years go?. Her son is in high school. Our son is disabled with Epilepsy and other problems but he has a son also who will be 18 next month - again can't believe they are no longer babies but considered adults.

Thanks for letting me post I do so enjoy reading everyone else's posts.

Pansy

"Thanks for letting me post" My goodness Pansy....Thank you for posting!!

Welcome offically to MrsS!! I'm so glad you felt comfortable enough to start posting!

I noticed your post in the "within these pages" forum and am glad you stoped by the Sunporch to introduce yourself!!

Don't feel bad....my garden consist of one huge tomato plant...i finally got a ripe one...do ya think i should can it or dehydrate it?

Have fun puttin up the peaches!

See ya around!

And i almost forgot...i just made a batch of freshly brewed coffee and put out a nice big Cheesecake......

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

Welcome to the "family". So glad you are posting.

We have two great-Grandsons, 18 months and 3 years old, I know how fast they grow up.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Glad to see you posting Pansy smile.gif Congrats and Wow on being married almost 50 years! This calls for a cake, how about a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream icing. Wishing you many more years of happiness with your DH!

------------------

becca.jpg

Hi again Pansy, I spoke to you down in "Within these Pages" a couple of days ago. smile.gif

Glad you started posting and told us a little about yourself. DH and I celebrated our 36th anniversary a week or so ago so we've also got grown children. Neither married but both out on their own and working.

I read Chopping Spree by Diane Mott Davidson a month or so ago and as usual it a good Goldy adventure. I've read all her books and always glad when the next arrives. Suppose we'll have to wait a year for a new one. frown.gif

Be sure to come on back to Within these Pages and let's talk. grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

Welcome Pansy, we're so glad that you introduced yourself here...it always amazes me the NEAT people we have here...

We're honored to add you to our circle of friends.

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Thanks for all the warm "welcomes"! You are a neat bunch of ladies.

Gee, chocolate cake with Raspberry filling sounds too tempting to resist - how do I get a slice? Just kidding - fight my weight all the time so have to eat calorie free stuff - maybe that is one of those?

Glad to hear Diane Mott Davidson's new book is good - library still hasn't called me.

My DH and I along with one of his friends (a recently single guy) canned three boxes of Elberta Peaches yesterday! Yeh! We got 25 pints and 37 quarts and had a few to eat fresh for breakfast - love looking at that fruit in my pantry! Next come the Pears, then want to do Blackberry Jam and Chutney and Applesauce and then we are through for the season. Fortunately my DH loves to can too so it makes it fairly easy.

Again thanks for all the posts - love it here.

Pansy

Pansy....welcome!!!!

My DH and I were married on Valentines Day also....only 45 years after you! smile.gif Wow, that is great....50 years!!!! What tips can you share to help make a marriage stay strong?

I have only canned a couple times but loved it. It would be more fun if my hubby wanted to do it with me, but I don't think that will happen! Ha! Ha!

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

Welcome Pansy, glad to have you join us. My you all are so ambitious. I haven't canned in years. Course don't cook much any more either. With just DH and I. Oh well maybe I'll start again when he retires. That sounds like fun. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Hi Debbylynn - ugh hope I spelled that correctly! The only thing I know of for the long lasting marriage is that we are very good friends as well as loving each other. I married a wonderful man so it makes it easy!

Picked up two boxes of Pears (learned my lesson after three boxes of Peaches) to can this coming weekend - wish me luck. I love to can and it is easy because my husband enjoys canning with me and we have a good system going....I peel and pack and he seals and cans - works out great.

Welcome home Pansy. I'll trade you 10 quarts of those canned Elberta Peaches that you canned for some Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce and Blueberry Jam. Yummm peaches sound so good right about now!! Peaches and some of Darlenes Oranges..

Hi!

Who said anything about cooking? I do enjoy canning but am tired of thinking up meal menus and doing much cooking! Keep telling DH that if he would plan the menus I would do the cooking! He is great though and cooks breakfast on the weekends and makes simple things (frozen Pizza) for weeknight so that helps! Collect cookbooks and used to love to cook and try new things but most things I would think of trying now make too much for the two of us. Thanks for your post!