MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annarchy

Fire in Hometown

I saw the smoke & the neighbor lady told me about it. Another historical building removed by fire. This keeps up and they won’t be able to say it’s a historical town. 

Here’s the news:

https://www.pinalcentral.com/florence_reminder_blade_tribune/news/vacant-florence-bar-gutted-by-nd-fire-in-a-month/article_7f461057-c599-5cdb-b90d-797510b39696.html

What a shame. It kind of looks suspicious now. huh.

I opened the page and saw the temperature. At 8:45pm.  

1-0-7.  Faint. :knary: 

3 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I opened the page and saw the temperature. At 8:45pm.  

1-0-7.  Faint. :knary: 

Lol, average temps here. 

We...at 9,000' elevation....had 93 degrees today!  Ai - yi - yi !!!  REally warm for us!

Annarchy, I kept telling my dad today when we visited, that you expected your area to be 109* today....  Anything over 100* is simply a HORROR to us!  :behindsofa:

The highest temperature I've ever been in .....I was a LOT younger then.....was at least 125*.    <_<   Might have been higher but the thermometer didn't go any higher!   1977 SW corner of Nevada.  My friend and I were traveling/camping on a tour of Western Canada/US.  We spent that day sitting IN the creek reading books!  

So glad that fire didn't spread tho....if you're as dry as we are.

MtRider    :bathbaby:   ...keeping cool...enough. 

• Like 1

It reached 109* here. The weather stations are quite a distance from us. I’d like one closer to us just to report the actual temps.

The fire dept was efficient this time, I guess. They did keep it from spreading. The building is probably a total loss. 

The old hotel burned numerous times, completely gutted. Only the antique bricks remained in tact, where they were able to reconstruct it and use it a a little market place. Ice cream & sandwich shop and second hand stores. 

Here’s a little history:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historic_properties_in_Florence,_Arizona

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.