MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Shameless plug and question

I don't get to make it on here as often as I like, and I have less time to post, but I thought you might be interested in some recipes I'm putting up on my blog this week for basics for your pantry, such as ketchup, bbq sauce, lipton onion soup mix, baking powder and stuff like that. Do you have any basics recipes that you like to use when you can't get to the store, and would you share them with me (us)?

My Blog

--Jamie

Welcome, Jamie!

We sure do have lots of stuff like that. When Y2K looked like a looming crisis (instead of the blip it became), we had a friend named Mare who collected a lot of mix-type recipes and shared them with us. And scattered here and there around the forums are more.

This one will get you started. It's in the sub-forum of the Kitchen, which you can find at the top when you click into the Kitchen... called "Kitchen Recipes". (In some of the moves and program changes, some of the threads were "damaged", so this one is called a re-post because I made sure it was all there and re-posted it.)

Mare's collection of money-saving mixes (repost)

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21482

And there are more, like "Homemade Taco Seasoning" further down in the sub-forum.

You should always be sure to give credit and a link, though.

:bighug2:

I'll try to check out your blog when I have some extra time. ;)

That is an awesome reference section! I will definitely be taking down a lot of the recipes! If I do post one or two of them I'll definitely give a reference and a link. wink%20%282%29.gif Today I've put up home made marshmallows and marshmallow creme. Hope you ladies can stop by and check it out!

--Jamie

Archived