MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Foggy Tuesday

redhenfarm

Foggy, foggy morning here.

I'm making a list so I can tackle some of the things I have put off. Usually piddly things, like taking some old pictures in a mailer down to the post office to get weighed to send to my cousin. If I could just slap postage on they would have been gone.

DH picked up his brother from the hospital and delivered him to his care facility. Another long day for him. Hoping bil heals well. He has another appointment in the big city next Wednesday. DH couldn't change it so they could take the VA van so he has to drive and it's another 5 or 6 hours round trip.

How's everyone else doing today?

i hope your DH has a safe trip. i know what its like driving all over like that. i have to make a similar trip today to pick up my oldest daughter from her dads house. i was going to pick her up yesterday but 1) holiday traffic is no fun, and 2) the teachers strike makes being up so early pointless. lol i let her stay ther an extra night because there is no school. i just looked atthe website and they said "stay tuned to your local tv stations for ongoing news coverage" so what the heck am i supposed to do? we dont HAVE tv stations. our tv is only for watching movies and playing games. they BETTER post some news on the site or we will be sitting here untill the school calls and asked why sapphire is not in school. lol

so, my big plan today is to KEEP the house clean, and do the dishes that i did not d last night because i fell asleep on the sofa, i do not currenttly have a shiny sink.

good journey

Our local school news about closures is always on a local radio station so I'm surprised yours is on television.

Today DH went to see what is up with the oldest brother. I'm a bit dismayed DH's brothers are showing up at this stage of their lives (all in their 60s) with needs. It brings up ethical questions for us. It's aggravating when folks have spent their lives irresponsibly, burned their bridges and then show up. In his younger brother's case, he is mentally ill and can't help himself and thank God he has veteran benefits (he's a Viet Nam vet). The older brother has let it be known he hates our lifestyle - Christianity, owning a house, and many other things. Sigh.

On the bright side, I just made a loaf of cranberry orange nut bread and I'm about to make cookies. Peanutbutter and then some gingersnaps. Hope to freeze things before DH gets home and spies them but I'll save some out for him.

Star: When I had my allergy blood test the naturopath I was seeing referred me to a lab to have the blood sent to a lab in Seattle (Great Smokies Diagnostic Lab). The naturopath I used to see worked on a sliding fee scale, but I'm thinking the lab may have a set fee. Another name on the lab report I got is National Biotechnical Laboratory also in Seattle.

Hello! Today I am working again...as usual. Then I get to walk about 10 blocks to my school, where I'll sit in the cafeteria for an hour and a half studying for my midterm. I'm not really worried about it, most of what we've covered has been easy. Then DH will pick me up at 8:50, and I'll go home, tidy the house (maybe, depending if I feel like doing much more than making some ginger tea), then go to bed. I was sick yesterday, but so far today I'm feeling good--not 100 per cent yet. I suspect my aunt's kish was underdone. I hope everyone is having a terrific day!

~Jo

Evenin ya'll... It's been quite an uneventful day here. No sunshine to speak of, no rain either.. Just overcast I guess. Lil dd and I just got done with her schooling.. And I have a nice pot of chili simmering on the stove.. We have been burning the fireplace in the evenings.. I don't think it's for warmth so much as it is for coziness! Hope ya'll have a great night!

~ Dawn

Hello everyone!

I've been feeling pritty sick lattly, so haven't been on much. Felt a little better yesterday and that was nice. We had a great Thanksgivng with 5 friends and some other children over. Stayed up late (midnight) to help dh finish putting the hinges together. It's a home job we have on the weekends. And felt worse this morrning What a wonderful fella!

Well I'm going to head to bed soon. Hopfuly some extra rest will get me feeling well again.

Kim

DD and I made a quick run to Payson to see my mom and great niece. DD is including the young lady in her wedding as a bridesmaid and she is thrilled. DD brought her a book on being a bridesmaid and they spend a lot of time looking at catalogs for bridesmaid dresses. DD's step-niece is being a junior bridesmaid and should be really cute. Unfortunately, I have to go to work tomorrow, so DD is going to drop me at the bus stop and use my truck to go visit with some of her girlfriends.

I'm busy, but happy!

Archived