MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CURCUMIN

ricardo

*I got this from another forum but I thougt it was important

enough to share here*

I have just yesterday heard on the news that Bird flu kills people by making their own body attack them in a "cytokine storm" immune system overreaction. I did not know that until now. It is the SAME way that SARS killed.

NOW PLEASE LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE NO DOCTOR CAN OR WILL BE ABLE TO QUICKLY, EASILY, SAVE YOU ( or your loved one) IF THAT HAPPENS They STILL do not know "officially" or it is not widely known WHAT WILL Quickly, effectively, STOP A CYTOKINE CASCADE!

I DO KNOW WHAT WILL ABSOLUTELY STOP SUCH A CYTOKINE CASCADE. (You would know too if you started reading reams of government medical research reports)It only costs $15, does not require a prescription, is widely available, has NO side effects, has no known overdose level and can be safely taken (as far as is known)by anyone EXCEPT those persons with bile duct obstructions, gall stones, and has not been certified for use during pregnancy, You should have at least ONE bottle on hand should bird flu strike someone in your family.

Do NOT substitute what I recommend. IT WON"T WORK.

You MUST get Turmeric 95% CURCUMIN. 500mg tablets. It is available over the internet or at some herbal, vitamin and supplement stores. The cooking spice Turmeric from the grocery store will NOT work because it only contains between 2 and 5 percent of Curcumin, the working ingredient part of the stuff.

One very big advantage this has over Tamiflu, (besides the inavailability of Tamiflu and the fact that what I advise costs $500 less than a bottle of Tamiflu) is the fact that if you take Turmeric 95% Curcumin when you don't really need it -no harm, no foul. But the window to take Tamiflu and have it work is very small, you have to wait till you know you have been exposed to bird flu to start taking Tamiflu and You must start the Tamiflu before you have had bird flu two days.

So forewarned is forearmed. You have been told what very well may be the only thing which can save your or your loved one's life, I have fulfilled my responsibility to you all.

research has shown curcumin may lower histamine levels. That's important to active folks because this may help reduce inflammation and increase recovery while lessening muscle soreness. However, curcumin has also been shown to increase the natural production of cortisone in the body, which, while helpful for those healing from injuries, may lead, at least theoretically, to protein catabolism (muscle wasting) with long-term use.

Therapeutic uses

Curcumin has also been shown to help thin the blood and improve circulation, along with lowering cholesterol, making it potentially terrific for supporting heart health. And its antioxidant effects have been shown in some preliminary research to inhibit the activity of certain proteins that may cause breast cancer.

Interestingly for those with rheumatoid arthritis, curcumin (1,200 mg per day) was shown in a double-blind study to be as effective as the prescription anti-inflammatory drug phenylbutazone (300 mg per day). The improvements in the duration of morning stiffness, walking time, and joint stiffness were similar. However, unlike phenylbutazone, there were no adverse effects associated with the use of curcumin.

In addition, turmeric has been shown in research to help protect the liver by detoxification and reduce indigestion because it has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It is well known for its carminative effects (that is, it helps force gas out of the intestines), and it's been shown to inhibit gas formation in animals fed gas-producing foods.

In truth

Active people probably should limit long-term use of turmeric, but this tasty spice appears to offer numerous potential benefits of interest for both optimal health and improved recovery.

NOTES ON USAGE

Amount

400 to 600 mg of standardized curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) taken 3 times daily is reportedly beneficial.

A turmeric tincture can also be used — .5 to 1.5 ml per day.

If you decide to supplement with pure turmeric, roughly 8 to 60 grams per day may be required for benefits.

Timing

Turmeric is typically divided into three dosages with food.

Synergists of Tumeric

Bromelain, another herbal anti-inflammatory, may help increase the absorption of curcumin.

Essential fatty acids, such as lecithin or fish oils, may also increase absorption.

Toxicity of Tumeric

Turmeric has been shown to be safe even in high amounts. However, curcumin (the active ingredient) has been shown to possibly lead to ulcers in rats at levels over 100 mg per kilogram of bodyweight. (An average 180-lb man would have to eat over 8 grams of pure curcumin to get that amount.)

Bans and restrictions

None reported.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My notation:

The highlighted part may also help with allergies, but long term use could be a problem there however maybe for theshort term as those suffering with seasonal allergies.

This of course is very important. thank you Happy Valley.

The Summary from this page is as follows

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/herbMonograph/0,11475,4046,00.htm

Traditionally, turmeric has been taken orally as a remedy for bronchitis and other respiratory conditions. Although study results are contradictory, recent early research under laboratory conditions may show potential for curcumin in treating some types of the hereditary condition, cystic fibrosis. Typically, the thick, gummy mucus produced by individuals with cystic fibrosis stays in the lungs, where it promotes bacterial infections and lung damage. Curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric may promote mucus production, thereby making mucus thinner and possibly easier to eliminate from the body. In addition, curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties may help to relieve lung congestion caused by inflammation. However, modern drugs may be more effective for relieving general congestion.

Also

Summary

Turmeric contains chemicals that are both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Both these properties may make it useful for treating arthritis, other inflammatory conditions, and possibly cancer. It appears to reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and it may be anti-infective, as well. Its former use in treating respiratory conditions has largely been replaced by more effective agents.

Risks

Individuals with stomach or gallbladder conditions should not take supplemental turmeric, which may increase the production of stomach acid and bile, possibly worsening those conditions. Pregnant women should also avoid taking large amounts of it due to the possibility of a miscarriage. Supplemental use is not recommended while breast-feeding.

Side Effects

Gas, indigestion, nausea, or other stomach upset may be caused by taking turmeric. Either local or widespread allergic reactions can be caused by touching turmeric plants, handling turmeric products, or breathing in turmeric pollen.

Interactions

The risk of uncontrolled bleeding may increase if turmeric is taken at the same time as an anticoagulant or antiplatelet drug, aspirin, or an anticoagulant herbal product. Turmeric may also interfere with the effectiveness of antacids and drugs that are taken to lessen the production of stomach acid. Potentially, taking turmeric may reduce blood sugar levels. Therefore, it may increase the effects of drugs or herbals that also lower blood sugar.

Last Revised November 2, 2004

Archived