MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Garlic butter!

Guest Guest

Soften up butter... squish in minced garlic...add salt and pepper...wine or lemon juice..parsley.. all too taste..Main ingrediant to many recipes!..Will post later!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

OR...

use dried garlic powder. I find I can keep the dried stuff more easily.

With oregano & grated parmesan cheese, this is *wonderful* spread on slices of Italian bread to make garlic bread. smile.gif

Have you ever tried baked garlic, ed? Trim a slice off the top of the whole bulb, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano, bake until soft.

Buttery texture, mild flavor... great on crackers!

(but the gas the next day is NOT fun... frown.gif )

------------------

cat.jpg

*TEENAGERS*... God's way of helping parents clear the nest.

Hey Cat baked garlic is great, but your breath after eating is not......

it may taste milder but..........

I once made 40 clove chicken, whole chicken forget everything else in it, plus 40 cloves of garlic, not chopped just thrown in, tasted wonderful, went to party after and no one would sit next to me.. sigh....

------------------

brigid.gif

Hey Brigie....we must have watched the same cooking show..cuz i tried that recipe too....man.....you ain't just a kidding....no vampire in his right mind would come near ya after eating that one!!

Garlic is great....good for ya...but why o why does it have to make ya smell so bad???

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

I picked up this way of making Garlic Bread in one of the hotel kitchens I worked in, and I use it all the time now, and buy the bread when it is reduced for quick sale in the supermarkets.

French stick/loaf/baguette or similar, sliced to medium thickness. Spread each slice with garlic butter, then open freeze on a try until frozen. Place in rigid container with lid.

Open freezing means you can take out just exactly the number of pieces you want to, and can add to the stock as the bread comes along. When required, just put in a hot oven (from frozen) and cook 5 - 10 minutes until done the way you like it.

Could eat some right now, after I've been talking about it!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

No, ed...

Oh, hey, ed... I think I saw the truck deliver your beer shipment to the Shop.

(QUICK... somebody padlock the door!!!)

------------------

cat.jpg

*TEENAGERS*... God's way of helping parents clear the nest.

Well if that isn't the funniest question....right up there with my q-tip one.......I'll bite Ed....(i'll speak for myself of course)....Don't be doinky....sure we do......but of course....our fragrance is of Roses don't cha know......hahahha

The term is "Gasious...Assious" ....not fart....hahhahhaha grin.gif

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg