MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold Thursday

Bamboo

WOw! I miss snow. I havent seen it in years. I grew up in Livonia Mi BTW. It will be colder (cooler) here today - about 70 - it has been in the 80's which is weird for November.It is susposto be 39 tonight -a pretty big drop.

I seem to be going in circles this week - not getting done what I need to. I have vowed not to leave the house today. (Now 20 things will come up) I need clean, and I want to finally can and bake bread today.

Tommorow I go to help my new DIL clean new house they are moving into. DS (19) took a job this week in New Orleans -helping with clean up -he has had a good job for the last 1 1/2 years with same guy but could not pass up the money...I hope he stays safe -we come from an enviroment where you can leave your keys in the unlocked car most of the time. She said he called & is going to get a hepatitus shot today- (which he rolled his eyes aboout when I suggested) -maybe he did actually listen or this job will open eyes anyway. She was telling me last night how much she was ready to have a baby NOW. I tried to tell her all the good reasons to wait- but I could tell I might as well save my breath. Guess I better think of a good granny name. One lady at my church lets her grandkids call her Big Moma (she is not big) -but i thought - over my dead body!!!LOL.

Oh well All I can do is make it through Thursday today!!!

Although I am big enough to be called big Moma.. I think NOT.. So we decided on Papaw and Mamaw.. Since this kid is going to have is going to have like 6 women to call Grandma I wanted something different than everyone else! Yesterday I started decluttering the dining room.. Made a bigger mess than when I started.. So I will spend today trying to recover from that and getting it back to normal.. We just have TOO much stuff.. Hope everyone has a good day!

Today was quite slow at work since everything is now packed for the move. I spent some time reading my new plant book. It has a great section explaining the medicinal qualities of plants by family. It's also going to be a great resource for identifying plants in the wild. I also spent some time on line looking at herbal medicine books. I found a couple I want to buy.

It's still warm here, but it's supposed to cool off and rain. I have a long weekend, so I hope to finish the remodel stuff. Next week, I may be able to telecommute most of the week.

so we moved on the 31st, and NOTHING went according to plan. (does it ever?)

first of all, we were told thaty we could move in on the 29th. then we find out that the painters didnt come. so the painters would paint the place on the 30th so we had to wait untill trhe 31st to move. the 31st came around and we went to the place to get the keys and talk to the landlady(who by the way is also running for mayor) and the painters were there. so they told us we had to wait untill the after noon to move. that was NOT ok with us because we moved EVERYTHING with out cargo van. load after load after load afterload...so we knew that if we did not start right away that we would not get everything moved. well, they are finally done painting at 1:00 and we get to move in. we were offered help in the evening moving the heavy things, but that person(FIL) backed out last minute(grrr) saying that they had to work in the morning. so did we!! he gets his work schedule 6 months in advance(nurse) and he KNEW he had to work and i am mad that he offered when he knew he couldn't. anyways, i digress it took us 3 days to move everything ourselves, me with bad kneees, and my husband with a bad back. my MIL looked after the baby and sapphire was at school or a friends and stuff. we got about 30 trick or treaters, and most of them were teens with no costumes. (grr) sappphire was a black cat, and she got a lot of candy. she also loves to share., one of my favorite bars is caramilk, and she hates caramel. mom has my # i will try and remember to email you tonight.

i missed you all!

the fleas came with the place.

the habit is called pica? that is sooooo funny, pica is the nickname her friends have at school. when they see each other they run up yelling PIIIIIIIICAAAAAAA!!!! and hug. lol of course, for them its short for pikachew or however that annoying little yellow thing is spelled. lol

Archived