MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Athletes Foot? (1)

Synn

Help.. I am not sure if this is what I have on my toes or not. But they are blistered, weeping, sore, cracked and peeling.. They hurt so bad I could cry and can barely walk sometimes.. DH says to soak them in bleach water to help dry them out.. I wear clean socks. I try to use cornstarch to keep them dry, the weeping just makes matters worse.. They can't dry out because of the blisters keep oozing and keeping them moist..

I have silver water. Do you think soaking them in that will help me?

I have no idea about "silver water." But althete's foot is a fungus and can be hard to treat. We just use the sprays or powders. But your question sent me out to discover some good things:

I found this:

Garlic - Put crushed garlic into dry socks before bed. Raw garlic can help to kill the athlete's foot fungus.

(Other info there, too, like using Tea Tree oil.)

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/conditions...thletesFoot.htm

and:

* Take fresh garlic slices and put it in your shoes, wear it all day. This is the best way of curing athlete's foot even better then all over the counter anti fungal drugs.

http://www.homemademedicine.com/athletesfoot.html

also:

...sunlight is an effective, natural treatment for skin fungus.

...Another approach to "ringworm" fungus patches on the body is to apply tincture of iodine. This kills them as well or better than anything the doctor will tell the pharmacy to sell you. Iodine tincture is very cheap to buy. You will of course want to keep it out of the reach of children, for it is a poison if swallowed.

(Read the entire article.)

http://www.doctoryourself.com/feet.html

more sites:

http://www.ghchealth.com/health-conditions...l-remedies.html

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Booksh...Books/21/64.cfm

Be sure that while you have it, you're washing your socks in HOT water and keeping the tub *squeeky* clean so you don't spread it. (Good place to use the bleach!

Hi there,

I am sorry for the trouble you are having!! I know a few people who have had athlete's foot clear up with Fels Naptha soap. My MIL and I were just talking about this very thing a few days ago. She said FIL came home from boot camp with athlete's foot, and the only thing that cleared it up was scrubbing his feet with Fels Naptha.

Good luck!!!!! I hope it gets cleared up very soon...

Shawna

I would take a trip to the doctor. My boys have had AF and Ringworm so many times when they were in wrestling... with AF, we used the two things... the spray over the counter stuff and it worked and also tea tree oil which is anti-fungal.

Mix 10 drops in a quart of water and soak feet.. Vinegar would also work but tea tree oil is much more soothing and refrishing (IMO)

Tea Tree Oil can be purchased at Wal-Mart in the Pharmacy section. In my store it is on the bottom shelf in a brown bottle in the isle with bandaids, creams, salves and iodine.

But if it were AF, you would have had to get it from somewhere, and most likely one of the kids would have it too.

it is the oozing I am concerned with and the fact you are in great pain.

Ok I soaked it in silver water.. Then dried good.. I then put a lot of cornstarch on it to help with the moisture.. So far so good.. Not much pain this afternoon.. When I have the most pain is when a blister opens, then it's difficult to walk. Peroxide stung like crazy as did Iodine and alcohol. The silver water didn't sting.. I have been told by an avid silver water user to soak my toes in it every day for 7 minutes, then rinse.. She said in about a week you should see a big difference.. I am taking her at her word because at this point I'll Try anything..(even if it does turn my toes blue grey!) I am going to wash my socks and slippers tonight in extremely HOT bleach water.. I think I got it from human to human contact.. DH has a bout with it every now and then and he likes to put his feet on mine at night when he sleeps (the freak, I hate feet) Then last night he put on MY slippers to go out and get wood! YUCK...

Athletes foot can get very bad if you also have yeast infection, taking acidophilus will help. Lots of people have this kind of problem from taking antibiotics. The yeast can and does amplify many problems.

The blue-grey color would only occur if you were to take very large doses of coloidal silver internally.

Yep, it's athlete's foot. If it gets into your nails it will be very hard to cure. Wear shoes as little as possible, expose your feet to sunlight, change your socks frequently (couple of times a day), rotate which shoes you wear to let them dry completely between wearings, before you go to bed use a mentholated chest rub like Vick's (generic is fine) on your feet and put clean socks on. Use bleach in the shower after you use it as anyone who has even a small cut or cracked skin on their feet can get the fungus from you, especially when the blisters are weeping. Don't let anyone else use your shoes and soak your socks in a weak bleach solution made with hot water before you wash them.

How do I know this? Back in '97 I went to a Boy Scout summer camp and picked up the fungus in the shower because I had broken blisters from my boots. I tried virtually everything except the tablets the doc can prescribe. I didn't want to take them because they can ruin your liver. It got so bad at one point that I lost the nail on my big toe. Well, I now have my nail back. I'm still working on getting rid of the fungus in the nail area, but it is much improved and I don't have any on my skin.

OK this is going to sound totally weird but the lady I work for sometimes that owns a herb shop swears that if a dog licks your feet it will cure athletes foot. She says it is because they carry an enzyme in their mouth that will digest it??? I am just repeating what I heard (she does seem to know a lot) might not hurt to try- if you are not ticklish!

Archived