MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last day of November, Wednesday

logcabinmama

This has been on week of people being sick in our family, so I have a feeling it was not just the fried foods that did it to me. On Friday after Thanksgiving, DH didn't feel the best, but wasn't as sick as I had been. Then on Saturday DS was sick, and on Monday Pooh was sick. As of yet, Tigger hasn't been sick, and I hope he doesn't get sick.

Sorry everyone is feeling so sick. I've been in a "Yucky" mood to, not sick, just sick of everything. There is a lot of stress here at work and it is starting to get to me. I seem to be ready to jump at anything and everyone which is not usual for me. I can usually ignore the bad things and just get on with life, but lately....maybe I'll most more about it later. All.

*passes out some of my recent good luck*

to day is beautiful, yesterday it was slushing, but now we have a beautiful blanket of snow, and and it is snowing steadily. has been since about 3 am. i no longer have a brown van, but a white one! hee hee

i am sorry ot hear you are feeling icky.

(((Hugs))) hope you are feeling better soon you two.

Pixie, I am happy to hear you are making a gift basket for your in laws. You are the better person for that. to them for not buying your something for Xmas.

It's very cold here today but I see the sun is peeping out so I think we will have a beautiful crisp day to follow. I'm home for the day. I have a ton of house work to do. I am decluttering as well. Just too many clothes to know what to do with.

I'm going to make puff wheat squares for ds's school lunch and try to get busy making something for dinner. I will go gather fire wood later and bring the kiddies outside then too.

Not much else new...waiting for the weekend to return the curtains I bought. See if I can find a decent dehydrator, can't wait to go shopping. Also, decorate a bit around here as soon as my house in neat and tidy.

Hope your day gets better with each passing minute.

"i am making a gift basket for my in laws, but i have no idea what to put in it. just one basket for the whole family because they never get me anything(but they get everyone else something), but i still want to show that i care. does that make sense to you?"

Actually, Pixie, that makes you a sweetheart in my book!

If you look in the Holiday forum, there are a lot of gift basket ideas... try this one on for size; go to a second hand store and get a big basket, coffee mugs, a bowl big enough for popcorn, a couple of DVD's or VHS tapes. Add some microwave popcorn single packs, some cocoa singles, and if they drink coffee, a few of those single pot flavored coffees in the tiny packages. Throw in a couple of boxes of movie type candies, and maybe 1 or 2 movie rental coupons. If you're feeling especially generous, add some tinned snacks and cheese, maybe a smoked sausage and a couple of snack plates along with some cloth napkins. If they don't appreciate it, tell them that next year, you're going to give them the same thing they gave you...then keep your word!

Good luck, hon, been there, divorced it...

well, its not that i really care if they buy me anything, it is just rude to buy things for everyone except one person. you know? besides, if it causes them that much grief to be considerate, i would rather they didint bother. gifts have to be given fromthe heart.

To all you folks feeling icky..December will be better!!!

DH has a cold but so far it's not too bad. Crossing my fingers it doesn't develop into the super cold he had all winter long 2 years ago.

I can't get too enthused about Christmas yet. I guess it hasn't been chilly long enough. Or maybe I am getting so old that it seems like we just had it a few months back. I need to get motivated and start my decorating, cooking etc. I have bought most of my gifts throughout the year so I don't need to fight the crowds too much.

We finally got an inch of rain from that bad front 2 days ago. We sure needed it.

Where has 2005 gone?

Can I joing the feeling icky club? I've had a migrane all day, and my eczema is in the middle of the worst erruption ever (and it's on my face!!!). I think I'm allergic to my new pillow.

Today I worked 'til 3pm, then came home in the snow. It is chilly out there! I worked on my brother's quilt some, then made Pixie's Spanish Rice for supper (yum! ). Now DH is out with the guys (playing poker and xbox, no doubt), I'm doing laundry, and working on homework assignments. I have 2 due next week.

~Jo

I'm taking a Grammar class (I come by the interest honestly...my family is a bunch of language snobs!). It's for the degree I want to take: Bachelor of Applied Communications in Professional Writing.

I love your siggy!

~Jo

Archived