MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE, the last day of 2005

logcabinmama

Happy New Years Eve ya'll...... I hope ya don't party too hard though.. We are just going to a neighbors house for pizza .. Right now dh is out getting wood and feed.. I went to walmart last night and they had all of their Christmas things on sale for 75% off!!!!! I got a 120 dollar prelit 9 foot tree for 28 dollars! I paid 20 dollars for a real one this year and it made such a mess I was disgusted!

Wow do I have cabin fever! Dh has been working 10 hour days this week.. He leaves at 415am and doesn't get home until after 6pm.. Then we don't go anywhere in the evenings so I have been cooped up in this house for far too long. Wednesday we had a thunderstorm here in Illinois at the end of December! My dsl hasn't worked right since.. And since I don't use my brain most days I forgot that I could use dial up! DUHHHHHHHHHhh.

Anyway Ya'll take care and be safe out there tonight..

Buttercup

Happy New Year everyone,

We had sort of a pre-New Year party at a friends house last night. She plays the piano really well so we sand Christmas carols and some Christian songs we hadn't sung in a long time. Had a good time catching up on our lives and what ever happened to so and so. Before we knew it it was 11 and we had the long drive home. I really slept in this morning.

Yesterday our garbage disposal switch quit so DH tried to replace it and now I have no garbage disposal and the dishwasher won't work .

Snowie: I wish we could all come over and help you tie the quilt - what fun that would be!

Buttercup: Good deal on the tree. We got an artificial one 7 years ago and it still looks good. We talk about getting a real one again and then think about the needles and crawling under it to water it and it hasn't happened. Long hours for your DH.

erica: Sounds like a great way to spend New Years eve.

Lois: Your dinner sounds good.

Happy new year's eve everyone! I am at work from 4-12pm today, so I won't be having any fun. I did nothing of consequence today, and it was nice to be lazy for a change. I finished watching Lemony Snicket..., and started making my wish list to order herb seeds and plants from Richter's. I'm ready for winter to be over already, and it hasn't even begun. We currently have no snow whatsoever. There is a bit of ice, but that's all (except for the man-made stuff on the ski hills). I think it was about 10 degrees celsius on Christmas Day here in AB. Where I was in ON, it was about zero degrees C. Strange weather. In another 10 years, we'll be growing cacti instead of tulips. Sorry, I'm rambling.

~Jo

my rice cooker came in early today, so i went and got that, and so we will be having home made avacado rolls for dinner! yeah!!i have to start the rice really soon. i am so excited!

i also bought some hair elastics for morrigan. can you believe she is only 7months old and her hair keeps getting into her eyes? she looks SOOOOOO cute with her hair in a ponytail! sapphire sais she looks like a pineapple. lol

anyways, you all have a great new years eve and stay safe!!!!

Archived