MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Top 3

Guest Guest

You sure have that one right, Waiting. My first choice is Comfrey for it's healing properties and because it does not grow wild where we live. There are so many native/wild herbs growing on our property that I'm sort of stuck which other herbs I might grow in the garden. I'm going to have to give the other two some thought.

Decided one would be chamomile because we use it a lot. That would be my choice, as one of them, but that pretains to health conditions at my home. Don't know what your health concerns are. My thoughts on your choices would be, what are your health concerns and how available are the plants now? Does this make sense? I'm tired today.

Since I don't know what is growing wild in your area, I would have a hard time giving an answer to this.

So many of the things I use grow wild that I put in soaproot, for cleaning, and the usual seasoning herbs, plus basil in a pot. basil doesn't like even real cool temps, so must be brought in or it dies. Many of our seasoning herbs are also medicinal.

Well, the only things that really grow wild in my immediate vicinity are dandelions and crab grass .

I'm in Central Alberta. It's Zone 3a, but I've noticed that a few zone 4 plants grow in area gardens(lily of the valley, violets, etc).

Once I finish drooling over the Richter's catalog, I'll post my wishlist.

~Jo

Dandelions have quite a few medicinal uses, not to mention making wine from them which is also medicinal. They are very diaretic for starters. I'd be cautious about the lily of the valley (even though they do have their uses medicinally) but violets are very useful medicinally also. See you DO have a medicinal herb garden already started....

Archived