MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snowy Tuesday

logcabinmama

Good morning all..

It's a little chilly in here today.. We didn't have the furnace going yesterdy as it was in the 50's...

Now I haven't started it this morning.. I will probably wait until dh gets home.. I will turn on the oven to knock off the chill and perhaps start the fireplace.. We are supposed to get snow this afternoon.. We have water standing everywhere as it rained last night.. So with the temps falling we will probably have some ice..

I am still reading the Diana Gabaldon books so I am not getting much done.. Keeping up with the dishes laundry and cooking.. Thinking of putting porkchops in the crockpot and then heading upstairs where my electric heater is plugged in..

Hope everyone is having a good day! Take care!

Good morning! It is gloomy looking here but we are supposed to get some snow this morning. It's currently 34, which isn't bad but with the gray skies it makes it seem much colder.

Today I'll only have a couple of loads of laundry - thankfully! But at least for a change I'm keeping up with it. One of the twins has caught the nasty cold I have, poor guy! Yesterday afternoon we went to adopt another cat, his name is Churchill! He's a beauty and so friendly and just runs up to the kids to be pet and played with What a guy, huh?

See ya! Oh yeah, Snowmom did you get my PM about the Spring Fling?

i have not had good expiriences with IV's! lol the4 first one i had turned my entire arm black and blue for 3 weeks! then second one was when i was in labour and it took them forever to figure out how to put it in. i am just lucky that my mom in law was there, she is a nurse and works in surgical daycare, so she is a pro when it comes to iv's. lol i wish i had a box of chocolates for every miss...heh heh, i would have a CASE of chocolates! lol

morrigan has just discovered that there is an underside to her playpen. she has been trying to get under it for the last 10 minutes. lol

today the low is 1, and the high is 6. it is 9:52, and it is 7 degrees. there was a nasty rain/wind storm last night. i stood at the window at 4am watching it. then pat informed me that the baby had peed her bed, and i had to go change sheets. i will be going to bed early tonight, i am tired. it took me forever to fall asleep, and when i finally did, it was not a very good sleep.

i have been working on sapphires afghan, i ran out of one shade of purple, because i thought i had another ball. turns out it is a lighter shade of the same purple. but i will use it anyways, sapphire will love it regardless.

i cant wait untill friday, i can go get more black yarn. ~sigh~ it always seems like i am running out of at least 3 colours at once.

morrigan is still a little snotty, and still coughs a bit, but for the most part, she is all better.

Tuesday was not a nice day. We had the pest control here in the morning (I just could not stand the ants anymore) The smell has gone, but we can't wash the windows for 6-8 weeks - so sad - I will be studying by then so DH will have to do it! After lunch we went to town. I got some rump steak at 8.99 a kilo, which was really good buy.

By the time we got home it was past tea time, my head hurt and my mouth hurt. I took one lot of painkillers for the head, but it didn't help, so I had to give up and use the really strong stuff. I rang the Dentist early this morning (Wednesday) about the sore mouth and they think I should get my wisdom tooth checked, but because it is the freebie dentist, I have to wait till they have a gap. so it might need to be a liquid diet for a week!

I dont like blood work or drips either - they can never find the vein and I have had some corker bruises over the years. But revenge is sweet - one Dr who was only a new graduate got the vein, but didn't get the test tube over the needle right - blood all over him and the surgery!

I hope today is a better day - maybe even cooler would be nice! Please send me your spare cold weather!

Sue

We had freezing rain yesterday morning, would you like me to send you that? I tried to get to work, but it didn't work, so I just came back home. I only got a few miles from home and couldn't seem to stay on the road, the car kept sliding towards the ditches or mailboxes. This morning we have a little bit of snow.

Archived