MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday January 24, 2006

Synn

Good morning everyone! I am here early.. I have a friend coming after DD's bus comes and we are going to the Sale Barn.. I want to see what they have as far as goats.. Not that I have any money, I just want to see what's out there.. I'll probably be having breakfast there with my friend.. It'll be a nice change to get out of the house for once.. over the weekend I got my dd's room cleaned.. After big dd moved out and left all of her stuff.. It was never really Jo's room.. And it was getting to the point where you couldn't even walk in it or get the door open.. Kay had her bed in front of the closet and built in dressers so it couldn't be used.. I had dh move the bed to the other side of the room and I started in.. I opened a window and started tossing. Three hours later.. There's a floor in there.. I didn't know that.. We put her sheets (strawberry shortcake and her blanket (princesses) and her dolls on her bed... Hung up all her clothes.. Put her things in the dressers and put her books on top of the desk and in the drawers.. Later we were laying there getting ready for prayers and she said "Mommy?.. That's my clothes in the closet and drawers. I have a brush on the desk and my back pack hanging on the bedpost.. Mommy it's all mine now".. It was so cute.. She came home last night and I told her to start her homework and she said wait a minute I have to put my backpack and coat in my room where they belong.. I accomplished a goal.. I can't believe it.. 2 more rooms to go and I'll be done..

Spider how is your husband this week? Snowy did your ds get his car fixed? Unike? How was your week and weekend? Pixie and Jo are busy being crafty.. Such talent in those sisters! And Grubby? Well she got a new apron and never wants to take it off.. So she's in the kitchen.....

How's everyone else? I am sitting here stunned that January is nearly over! One more week!

Let's see I got my seed catalogs, and my Murray McMurray Hatchery book.. Life is good!

Good morning!!! I feel so good today, and I don't know why. Probably because I wasn't tired yesterday (until my bedtime anyway). Right now, since there's not really anything to do at work, I'm admiring the sunrise. There's a road that is always busy with commuters at this hour, and with all the white lights, it looks like a snake slithering down the hill and across the river in the darkness. It's really quite pretty. (Pixie, it's Connor's Hill, that goes by the top of the ski hill near aunty Shanan's house). Don't mind me, I'm feeling poetic today.

Yesterday, DH and I went to vote. I haven't checked the official numbers yet, but I believe we have a minority Conservative government. The PM might turn us into America's puppet, but I figure that change is good.

It's been ridiculously warm here. I'm afraid my tulips will start sprouting (I'm sure they would if I watered them.) I'll have to check my pussy-willow to see if it has buds on it. I am getting so excited about gardening this year.

Last night, Kev walked me through the house, and told me his ideas for each room. I agreed with most of them. He thinks mine are too complicated though (how difficult can it be to rip out a vanity and put in a pedestal sink? or ot turn the last few steps of a staircase?). I think he underestimates me. If Pixie came to visit, I'm certain that the two of us could have the place whipped into shape in no time! I'll stop rambling now and get to work.

~Jo

gorgeous hat Pixie! That vanity is really fancy! (It probably has a fancy price tag too). It would probably be too big. I want a pedestal sink to make the room seem bigger and more comfortable. Actually, that room would probably make a better pantry than a bathroom...it's always freezing in there. I don't think I'd be able to convince Kev of that (because we'd then have to put a bathroom in the basement to make up for it).

~Jo

that would suck because arent basements cold too?

these are probably a bit pricey, but oh so cool!

http://www.sinksdepot.com/stone_sink/pedes...pedestal_01.jpg

http://www.fixturesetc.com/images/products...destal-sink.jpg

this sink is CRAZY!! (its a quicktime video link) http://www.mondobrass.com/moody.mov

or a stand like this with maybe a glass, copper or stainless steel sink bowl http://www.fixturesetc.com/st.thomas_ped_granada.jpg

i like this sink too http://www.saladotex.com/glass_vessel_sink...pper_sinks.html

i wanna buy a house so i can pick one for meeeee!!!!! lol

Good morning

Jo: Wellllllll, I can tell you about how hard changing something in the bathroom can be. DH was gone and I decided to remove the wallpaper backing from the bathroom walls. A long story short is often we've found with house fixup projects you often have to go to plan B or C or D. There's always some little surprise. So if you remove the bathroom cabinet, the wall may be messed up behind it and would show when the pedestal sink was in or the floor might be messed up. In our half bathroom I know they put vinyl flooring just to the outside of the sink cabinet so if we removed that there would be a big square of floor that didn't match so would need to do new flooring as well.

Pixie: Your hat is really cute. Great plan in getting ready for the Christmas bazaars. With a vanity like that Jo will need a crystal chandelier in the bathroom!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Archived