MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here in Dorset, we are lucky enough to have the custom of selling surplus produce on a wee table by the garden gate, with the money going in a tin. We get some great stuff off these tables - veg and fruit, plants, food, etc. We visited one of our favourites yesterday on the way to somewhere else, and bought a big jar of pickled beetroot and a jar of quince jelly for £1 for both of them. They also had a good pile of seasonal veg, but I didn't need any of that! The other one we visited on the awy home yielded two beautiful anemones for £1.50 and 4 free bags of horse manure! We like a bargain.

I had my own table for the first time this summer and sold plants, cut flowers (very popluar) eggs, jam, marmalade, fruit and veg, and books. I made nearly £130 over the summer months, so it was worth doing. I'm already starting to think what goodies I can do for my table this year, and may add some hand knitted socks to the veggies! Some of the tables sell cakes as well, which is always tempting!!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Okay Lowly now I have to come and visit you... you make it sound like so much fun...Have you ever been to a boot sale...? My girlfriend is from England and she invited me to a boot sale.....turns out it was a huge garage sale in a park....tee hee

Free manure is great.... I buy mine for the garden,,, steer manure...

what are anemones?

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Your goooood Cat....i was trying to look it up for Brigie...but couldn't remember how to spell it...

THose wee tables sound like so much fun!

My mothers friend does that to sell his raspberries.

How much you selling your socks for Lowie? Do they come in way huge American feet sizes?

I sure miss my grandmothers nice homemade slipper socks!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

£1 is $1.60 dollars today, just looked it up on the currency convertor thingy i found on Google -it's quite useful.

Deb, if you want socks, just let me know, won't you?

------------------

lowlander.jpg

They are called windflower as they open fully when it is windy - something to do with pollination I think. It's amazing what's in the recesses of the brain, isn't it?!!

------------------

lowlander.jpg