MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oprah aftermath?

cartoongirl

I wondered the same thing, Erica. Oprah is on at 4PM in our area. I don't know if there's any change in my small town - it's 9 AM and I'm still sitting here in my PJs. We have to go to the home improvement store later and might make a trip to the grocery store while we're out. I checked out her website and thought they could have put more useful information on there. Maybe I didn't listen closely enough but that doctor thought we should stockpile medicine but didn't have any suggestions about how anyone could do that since anyone using insurance would not be able to buy beyond 3 months supplies. And then there is the cost - people scraping by to get the one or three month supply perhaps can't manage a six month supply. I thought this was just a whole can of worms about the over-priced prescription drugs.

I wondered that myself Cavey. Actually though, I'd almost expect her to start preparing or at least have someone start for her. And I bet she starts a program at her company. How would it look to her viewers if they found out that she wasn't taking her own advice. Too bad she didn't come up with something like giving every one in the audience a years supply of food!!!

I was at the grocery store today and I kind of instigated a discussion with someone I knew and soon we had the whole isle talking with us. They weren't stocking up but were talking about doing so. And of course I mentioned Mrs S. I also put up a flyer about "Her" there. When I finally went around the end of the isle, I found one of the ladies talking to someone else about it. It's a start.

I believe that Oprah's show won't start a panic but it WILL start some discussions. I've had two friends contact me today already to ask some pretty serious questions about it. Like I said, it's a start.

I think if Oprah hasn't started perparing, she sure will. There was a moment on here show that I felt she looked very worried or scared. She recovered quickly, or I think she did, so she wouldn't scare anyone else.

She is always so concerned about others, I'm sure she will also get her staff started preparing too.

We went for grocerys on Tuesday evening and there weren't all that many people there. Those who were there, weren't doing more than what they would for the day or at least their normal shopping, from what I could tell.

I have friends that own a restaurant. I have been after

them since last March to buy masks. They finally did.

One other regular at the restaurant asked me to make

a list of what he and his wife should have. I have been

prepping since 1982 so it is difficult to do a bare bones

list of the minimum needed for survival. I get concerned

because it is difficult to tell people that the idea

of prepping has to become a way of living and not

something that you do for a lark or until the perceived

"danger" passes.

We went to save-a-lot here yesterday afternoon. the shelves were very well stocked and hardly anyone in sight. I'm wondering if they are all having to wait until payday? I know a lot of people in these parts are very low income. But I do hope they paid attention to that show and do a little stocking up anyways....Q

Archived