MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coloidial Silver

Kygal

i know a few of you use this, and the research i have done only makes me wonder why anyone whould put this into thier body. what benefit does it have? does it have any side effects? do you make it yourself, or do you buy it? do you use silver salts, or silver chloride?

i hope you can clear this up for me.

again, i know little about this, i thought at first that it was a plant named for its colour or something then i read that it is actual silver and that it turns people blue.

TIA

Used topicaly, Coloidal silver is very effective in treating burns, because of it's antibiotic properties.

They now make a bandage that is impregnated with silver to be used for burns and to aid in healing after surgery. http://www.silverlon.com/fda.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then Curad jumped on the bandwagon with their own.

http://www.curadusa.com/products/product_i...ProductCatId=34

Curad® Silver

Silver dressings are used regularly in the hospital setting to help control infections in major wounds and burns. Now, consumers can use silver for at-home first aid emergencies with the Curad® Silver Bandage line. Curad® Silver Bandages use silver in the wound pad, which acts as a natural antibacterial. Laboratory testing showed that silver reduced bacterial growth like Staph. aureaus, E. coli, E. hirae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the dressing for 24 hours.

Curad® Silver Bandages are available in Assorted Bandages (20ct), Extra Large Bandages for larger wounds (10ct) and Gel Bandages (8ct). The Silver Gel Bandage provides multi-day hold and waterproof protection plus Scar Therapy Technology. All are designed for minor cuts, scrapes, abrasions, lacerations, and scalds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver is in many over the counter and perscriptions products,

it is the main ingredient in the solution they clean a babies eyes with soon after birth, it is in silvadine creme that is often perscribed for burns.

While it is true that the solution when taken internall can give your skin a bluish gray tinge, if you drink enough of it daily, the use of it for a specific illnes or infection would not be likely to do this to the average person. It is wise to do your research before using. There is some info on the Utopia Silver site. And remember that if you do use this internally, it is an antibiotic, use acidophilus in some form a couple of hours after each dose.

• 5 months later...

I need !!!

I made a batch of colloidal silver and this time I made

it there was a bunch of crud in the bottom of my glass

and there were streaks in it the same color of the crud.

Is it still ok to use?

What should I do with the crud, should I stir it in?

The last time I made this, this did not happen.

It sounds as though you may have let it work to long.

20 minutes is the length of time to allow it to work. It is a strong mix. Pour off the top for topical use and dump the rest. Make sure that you wipe the silver wire after each use.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't belive I have ever read anything that would suggest you could not. For thousands of years they ate from silver plates, drank from silver cups, and used silver flatware all the time. They even put silver coins in milk to help preserve it.

How great to see other people using Colodial silver!

I am a Natural Health Practitioner and I teach people about Colodial Silver all of the time!

I have used it in my house for years—for all kinds of things. I have used Colodial Silver for Flu (cleared up in three days), colds, stomach bugs, immune boosting, disinfecting, food wash, animal health.

Most recently I had a client cure her child’s pink-eye with it. A couple of drops at the corner of his eyes, every few hours. Worked like charm! Also, my naturopathic Doctor friend put it into her husband’s eyes when he had an eye infection. In six hours it was gone.

My Dog had a seriously infected puncture wound in his neck, I used Colodial silver with some anti-biotic to heal it.

I make mine using ONLY distilled water. What I have read is that the there is a chance that the silver partials could react with other minerals in water. ~~That could be causing your metallic taste.

I run it for 15 minuets in 16oz. of H2O. This makes aprox. 10 parts per million, the standard strength.

After making it, it needs to be put into a medicinal bottle (dark colored) because the sunlight brakes down the silver partials. This should be good for about a week.

For sure, running it too long can change the color of the water, but also having old or unclean silver rods can do the same. Also, using anything other than distilled water can change the water color.

Some times when buying it, the color of the solution is dark like a tincture, this is due to preservatives in the solution to make it last longer. The fresher and more pure the better, but some Colodial silver is better than nothing at all!

~Thanks

Several years ago there was a bees nest on the side of the garage. The oldest grandson insisted on playing ther even after being told not to. He received several bee stings and came screaming into the house. I was in the process of putting coloidial silver from the gallon I had purchased into a smaller, more manageable container. I had it in my hand and it was the only thing handy. I doused some cotton balls with the silver and held it to the bee stings. We were amazed at how quick and how well the silver worked on those stings. Now whenever someone gets stung we reach for the silver and cotton balls. Even my macho dh lets me use it on him. Just one of many uses.

• 1 year later...

Archived