MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You are what you eat?

It has been suggested that there be an enquiry into the relationship between health and what you eat from the view of commercially raised poultry. This poultry is raised in appalling conditions (this is a whole issue in iteslf, I am aware) that result in chickens suffering from heart disease, skin complaints and other horrors. They want to see if there is any correlation between these chicken diseases and the equivalent in humans; eg if the chicken you eat comes from a bird which has suffered from heart disease, how likely is it that it may be passed to humans through the food chain.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Well THAT's depressing......i eat tons of chicken......from a grocery store.....kindof hard to know what kind of life that poor bird lived before it got on my plate.....

GULP......

Hey LOWIE....you best watch out for bruised fruit and bad spots on your veggies....ya never know what study they will come up with next.

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Oh man what next? Do you think they abuse the fruit and vegies too Bleb?

Just teasing Lowlie I think it is horrible about the chickens, we don't eat a lot of read meat here, but we do eat a fair amount of chicken. I found out about veal years ago and will not touch it , but I really don't want to give up my chicken. frown.gif

------------------

brigid.gif