MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Peekin' into your kitchen...

Guest Guest

I know it's cold for most of us, but what's cooking?

My family wanted chili, so that's what we had for supper Wednesday.

And I got into the mood for pie, so I made an "Old-Fashioned Cream" pie. Ever heard of it? Some places call it "Sugar Cream".

I bought myself the second "Fix It & Forget It" cookbook for Christmas from Sam's Club. It's all crockpot recipes; this one's on "entertaining", though it's nothing fancy, just good recipes.

I tried one called "Creamy Chicken", I believe. Several skinned, boneless chicken breasts, topped with a can of cream of chicken soup mixed with sour cream (about a cup??). It was rather soupy when finished, so I took out the chicken & stirred in some "Minute Rice", then put the chicken on top until the rice was done. UMMMM!

What's cookin' in your house??

------------------

cat.jpg

In a few hours I'll be fixing enchiladas for my card group. We'll also have refired beans but they'll be canned since I'm no good at making them from scratch and a big tossed salad with chips and homemade salsa.

DH will get whats left for supper. grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

Hey hey, last night we had spaghetti, in the sauce I put pieces of chicken breast, heated buns with cheese and sliced cucumbers. I get sooooo tired of trying to think of new things to make.. I don't have a clue what will be cooking in my kitchen for tonights supper. Maybe pasta salad with tuna, my kids like that.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

We'll be having chili for supper tonight and tomorrow night, and I'll freeze the leftovers after that.

Cat, I make something similar to the chicken you made. I put 4 chicken breasts and 1 can of cream of chicken soup in the crockpot. About an hour before we eat, I make a batch of StoveTop Stuffing and put on top of it.

Enchiladas and spaghetti both sound soooo good! I think I have the ingredients for both on hand, so maybe I'll fix them during the weekend. Thanks for the good ideas!

I'm not sure what I'll be making for supper yet, but know that I want to make a couple loafs of banana bread...my DH's favorite! By next week they'll be gone! I usually make a menu for the week on Sundays and then go shopping on Monday for the week, but this week has been very different. I like knowing what I'm going to make and knowing that I have all the ingredients for it...so it has totally thrown me for a loop to not have gone shopping on Monday. My DH has been gone for most evenings, so I've just been having simple things here for myself. He'll be home tonight, so I'll have to figure something out by then!

I also have that cookbook you mentioned, Cat. My MIL gave it to me. It sure is nice! smile.gif Have a great day everybody, and provecho! (in Spanish it means: enjoy your meal!) smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Following my last post, I didn't feel like cooking, so I took the children across to the pub where they had chips (fries) and icecream. I drank lots of Guinness!!

today, I have to make potato salad, spinach and blue cheese quiche and couscous to take to a workshop I'm presenting tomoowwo for a shared lunch. For dinner tonight I'm not sure, but beacuse the oven is up, it will eature baked potatoes probably!

happy cooking!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Last night we had Taco Soup - easy, filling and good. Like Brigid I get so tired of trying to think of what to fix - just two of us now and we eat less than we used to (and should eat less than we do!) and it is hard to cut down recipes. When I make soup - freeze the leftovers for other days which is a help. We like having Corn bread (my grandmother's recipe cooked in a black iron skillet) for supper at night too - filling and good - my husband eats his with Molasses and I eat mine with milk and sugar so we are both happy. Maybe we should post menus for each other!

I had four pints of Guinness, but that was on Thursday. It did not affect my spelling - my fingers go faster than my brain, and sometimes the other way round. I'll have to slow down and stop slurring my spelling!!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Hi Lowlie how many of me do you see? silly.gif Just teasing....

Pansy how do you make taco soup? Sounds interesting.

Today I am going to get a pea soup ready to go into my crock pot, and have it simmer all day monday for supper.

Hey Lowlie your kids are allowed in the pub? Is that because they sell food?

My dad would love the blue cheese quiche the smellier the cheese the better for him. I prefer to use swiss.

grin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif