MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

scorched help?

Is there a trick to reduced the scorched taste smell in food? I started my chicken last night at too high of a temp. and scorched my chicken and broth. I seem to remember it was possible to put something in it too reduce the taste/smell. Ideas? I'm pretty upset with myself, its 30 pounds of leg quarters.

Guest Guest

Well, if you scorched your chicken and broth, I can't think of much you can do with at least the broth part...a scorched taste that has permeated throughout the item being cooked is virtually impossible to use.

As far as the chicken goes, I'd cut off the burned part and can it from there in either new chicken broth or hot water...at least for me, I would think that I would be able to mask whatever scorched taste there might be when I go to cook it at a later time, using it with stronger flavored herbs and marinara sauces, etc.

My heart goes out to you.

Add a pinch of salt to burnt milk while it is still hot. This will remove the scorched taste.

OK don't know how well this will work for you with the chicken? but you might try many 2 or 3 pieces and see if you get anywhere with it? my guess is you will have to reheat what you are testing to see what happens? Good Luck PS Hey, Just serve it and tell them it is 'smokey chicken'. (",)

Guest Guest
Quote:
Hey, Just serve it and tell them it is 'smokey chicken'. (",)

Yessssssssssssssssssssss....just fake it!

We need westie to get in here and teach you her infamous *flipping blonde hair over her shoulder* numbers...

rofl

Archived