MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Weight Watchers Anyone?

arklatex

Does anyone here do Weight Watchers? I just joined again (third time) last night. The program works for me but in the past, I've stalled out and given up before I could go back to losing again.

So last night I found the local meeting and went ahead and joined. The first weigh in was devastating but it will be the last time I weigh that much.

Just thought I'd see if I'm the only one on this particular journey.

Guest Guest

No, I've never done weight watchers but I'm about to do a crazy diet called TJ's Miracle diet...I've never really done a formal diet before other than the South Beach Diet so I figured I'd have some fun and check this one out.

Speaking of diets, I've seen alot of people lose weight and keep it off doing the Atkins diet. At our local hardware store I noticed alot of the employees had lost alot of weight for long periods of time. Seems like it's a trend around here. Still for me, diets don't work and I could never stick to one, nope not me.

I did WW about 15 years ago. I did good on it but I stalled after about 6 weeks. Just couldn't lose any more no matter what I did. I enjoyed the group I was in though. It was so much fun. After our meeting we would have lunch at a health food store.

Guest Guest

Hi Diana, I've joined WW a number of times but never seem to stick with it. I have a friend that's lost 100+ pounds in about 2 years and looks wonderful. She's probably about 45. She did the same thing 10-15 years ago and gained it all back so it's a never ending battle, as we all know!

Thanks Dee! It's going to be a long road since I have a lot to lose but so far so good. I've been doing good all week on what I have been eating and I'm drinking lots of water. I'm hoping my weigh in on Monday will be a good one.

My weigh ins are on Monday evenings which make it very hard to splurge on the weekends. We did go out to eat on Friday night to a Chinese restaurant that had a buffet. I did pretty good but I could tell that I ate more than I should have. I have to stop eating at buffets. Too hard to control myself.

My weigh in was good, just not as good as I had hoped for. I lost 2 and 3/4 pounds this week.

I need to get more activity in and drink more water. I'm hoping for five pounds off this week.

Archived