MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

TEOTWAWKI Reality Check Test

Mother

The scene is this:

!!!The world has gone crazy or at least your part of the world. For some time the rising oil prices have caused all transportation and heating costs to be almost unattainable for most people. (Does this sound familiar?) The stock market had been climbing by leaps and bounds but suddenly has cashed due to rumors of economic unrest and war around the globe.( Does this resemble what we've been hearing lately?) Even if you don't have interests in the stock market, you suddenly find your bank closed and your funds are unattainable. Businesses are folding daily and people out of work, perhaps even yourself or a loved one. The prices of gas, food, supplies, medicine and almost all goods have gone out of sight and what you can afford is now in scarce supply. On top of that, now the threat of avian Influenza has become a reality. People are falling ill by huge numbers, hospitals are overflowing, schools are closed, hungry rioters are starting to amass in the streets and now the electricity has gone off and you have just heard that it will not be on for many months to come, if at all. The National Guard has been called out but there are not enough of them to handle the chaos; Society, as we know it, has totally broken down!!!

How will you handle not knowing what is happening to your loved ones in the service? What words would you say to them if you could?

Fortunately they already know how very grateful I am for their service, beyond that, prayer that our Father will hold them in His loving hands. There is no safer place.

I, too, am grateful to all the servicemen/women. I have the greatest admiration for the families that miss them.

My little brother was wounded in Afghanistan and I have a cousin who served in Iraq. I cannot imagine having one of my own children in the middle of a war. I would also pray that the Lord would hold them close and return them to me safely.

Guest Guest

It would be at times like this that I would realize I have no choice but to trust in God.

While we all like to have our hands *in the pot*, trying to make sure that things will be ok, it's not unreasonable to expect that our hands could be tied and we would be forced to lay all our cares and burdens at the foot of His holy throne.

That's actually not such a bad idea.

If my children go I would tell them, "If in this world we shall never be together again, know that I love you.. I am so very proud of you.. And there will come a day when we will be together again.. Keep your faith and pray everyday!"

• 2 weeks later...

I would say this to all who are called to service to their country. May God give your leaders the wisdom and guidance to do what is right for all mankind. May you be kept safe in his arms.

This is hard, as Jerry is in Iraq now. I have been able to keep in touch with him, as he calls sometimes and we can e-mail.

If we were unable to do this or to send mail to each other, it would be hard for sure. We always say 'I love you', before we stop talking. We also put in in our mail.

He knows we love him and that we are praying for him. God knows each need and He also knows that we miss Jerry. All one can do is pray for safty for those in the service and pray that they will come home soon.

Archived