MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Monday

Bamboo

Good Morning everyone. I haven't been posting here for awhile, just too busy, but school is over for now, at least until August. Final exams were last week, but I was "excused" from them. Never had that happen before. Professor told six of us that because we had an A in the class, all of our assignments were turned in, and our final term papers were done, we didn't have to take the test. YIPPEE!!!! Needless to say, we were all very HAPPY.

DH had another treatment this past week. Pretty rough on him this time, vomiting, headaches, etc. I talked with the pharmacist and she thinks they ran the drug too fast. I've already talked with the nurse who is in charge of his treatment so that doesn't happen again. He is feeling better despite those side effects.

My niece has joined Mrs. S. but I think she must still be

Afternoon!

Well, I had a lazy week end so today I had to get busy. Still have lots to do, but I did get ALL the dishes done before they turned the water off for the day, except for the stock pot I scorched hot dog sauce in. It needs to umm soak for awhile LOL. But I did get it in soaking.

I need to sweep and hang laundry. I decided if I do one load a day I should be able to get it hung while Roan is napping. Then I'll fold laundry. Yippee!!!!

Dinner tonight is Salisbury Steak, mashed taters, corn, green beans and bread.

Mommy of Six

Kaye, no it isn't chemo, thank God. Thanks for the prayers though. DH has inflammatory neuritis in his feet (inflammation of the nerves) which is very painful. He is receiving intravenous immunoglobulin therapy every two weeks to hopefully cure it. The treatments take about 12 hours to infuse and will last 6 months and cost $20,000.00 per dose. Thank God for good insurance too.

Guest Guest

Mornin, all. I am finally back up and on the puter. We went to a swap meet yesterday. TOO much time spent in the sun gave me a sick headache. I was not on the puter at all yesterday. so trying to catch up today. Friday we went yard saling, and came home with a bunch of books to read.

Spider, I hope your DH gets better soon. Isn't it amazing how expensive some treatments are? Glad you have good insurance. Some of those things are ridiculous.

Hope everybody has a good day.

We had the superstorm of "93", parts of Tennessee (and other states) who do not recieve much snowfall, had a blizzard, in my little town alone we had 22 inches of snow... were snowed in for 10 days.....like I said I would believe it when I see it,,I will not probably ever get to experience anything like that again as long as i live.... LOL

Went to the new house this morning and rotatilled the garden. DBF 'tore' it up with his cousins big, rear tine tiller, but it needed a good going through, as it hasn't been a 'garden' for at least three years. Gonna go back down and go through it the other way and get it planted on Wednesday, hopefully. We left the tiller there so we don't have to keep loading it and unloading it.

Quote:
Unike, in the winter of '93, we were living in Phoenix, Az. I have no idea what may have happened... please explain.

I did a bit of research, and found that in March of 1993 there was a "superstorm" that covered 14 states and caused about $2 billion in damage. No specifics on the info I found, just general mentions of it.

Mommy of Six

Archived