MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Helping Carla Emery

Deblyn

I found out through another site that Carla Emery is putting out a new edition of the Country Living Encyclopedia. She was looking for people to test some of the things that will be in the book, so I sent her an e-mail offering to help, and she got back to me today and asked me to help her! The new book is being published world-wide this time, in other languages as well. She needs help converting US measures, ingredients, sources of items etc to suit the British and European market. I'm very excited about helping her in this way, especially as she is ending off the first bit of work to do tomorrow! I got hold of her book a couple of months ago from Amazon and it really is a wonderful book, with so much infomation in it. I'm really chuffed!!

I don't know what "chuffed" is but i know what "chafed" is.......hahahahaha....alright i'll behave.....Brigie....i'm so sure it means Lowie is wicked excited.....

Wow Lowie.....that's just awesome.....it makes me want to go out and buy the book.....just think....our Lowie is helping a famous author on a book.......waaaaaay cool! Congratulations!

Lowie........how on earth do you find the time to do all you do????????????

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

That's very exciting! I absolutely LOVE her book, and if I only had one book I could bring in a long term survival situation hers would be it! (tell her that from me o.k.?)

Have fun smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

That is super Lowlander! Carla Emerys Book is like the Bible for Homesteaders. Keep us posted on your endeavor without revealing book information. I can't wait till the new book comes out. I will be first in line at B&N to buy it.

Chuffed is an old Scottish word for being so pleased you wander around with a silly grin on your face and no-one really knows why except you. Mind you, I do that a lot anyway. I got an e-mail from Carla last night to say the first part will be in the post on its way today, so looking forward to that. Debbielee - I manage to fit so much in because I do no housework. This is true. Dull women have immaculate houses, remember!!

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! Hope to hear how things go for you while you are helping...have fun! smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, Lowlander!!

Carla is a super woman... I had the wonderful opportunity to spend several hours talking to her at the park near my home a few years back... she has had many trials in her life since I first got a copy of her "Bible" roughly 25 years ago now... that copy has literally been worn out and has gone to book heaven...but I have taken to heart many of the things she has put forth... they were truely inspired...

Congrates, again on the role you have been asked to play in this up coming edition...

Llamamomma