MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday

mommafitz

Hi everyone!

The chihuahua let me sleep a little extra this morning. I have to take my niece to work soon. She works at a shoe store and gets a 30% discount so I can't complain too much about taking her!

Mommafitz-you are right about washing the new clothes before wearing them. Everyone should do that. The finishes they put in the clothes to make them look nice have some very nasty properties even for those who don't have allergies. Those of us who have allergies and chemical sensitivities are just the 'canaries in the coalmine'.

I have to finish some today and go help my DSIL move furniture from one bedroom to the other so we can set up the nursery. I also have yard work to do. Unfortunately, this isn't turning out to be one of my better days. My joints are aching and I'm dizzy again. The joints have been being bad for a few weeks, but the dizziness came back last night when I went to bed. I'll sure be glad when I can get out of this city once and for all and away from the pollution! This latest bout could be from some deoderizer that my niece brought home and sprayed while I was outside. When I walked back in it was like hitting a brick wall!

If I have time I might try to go to a fabric store to look for materials to make some baby things. DD wants to use fitted cloth diapers, but they are very expensive ($10 each or more). I found a pattern on line and want to try my hand at making some.

I hope everyone has a terrific day!

Morning all! Another hot day. It looks like I'm going to have to water all my flowers and plants this evening. They're looking wilted and turning yellow. I have so many this is something I dread doing.

I'm trying to talk hubby into going after the apples his friend said we could have. He wants to go tomorrow, but I'm afraid someone else will come along and get them. His friend lives over an hour away so he's not looking forward to going today. I'd like to get a start on putting them up though. The corn is coming on and I'll have to start on it this week. And I have to fit a trip to the dentist in sometime. I have a toothache and am probably going to lose another tooth. It already is nothing but filling anyway. I don't think they can save it this time.

Good deal at Walmart, mommafitz! Our schools start back tomorrow here, also. It does get earlier every year.

Hope you feel better soon, goatherder.

Have a great day all!

Kaye

Good morning! It's sunny outside but soggy inside. I woke up an hour later than usual, hop up to go turn on the coffee pot and one of the twins greets me with an "I'm wet mom". Then I go towards the kitchen and see lots of water on the floor. Go to get DH, he sees where it's coming from immediately and turns off the heater. One of the kids had turned the thermostat up last night and our heater works with steam heat; dh and buddy had been working in the kitchen and dining room and had removed the heater vents and cut pipes. The valve to the kitchen didn't get turned off so when the heater clicked on in the middle of the night water came up like a geyser. Not only was there water all over the kitchen floor, it naturally went down through the ceiling. My laundry room is pretty much ruined as far as the walls and ceiling. We have a concrete floor with a drain, which helped a bunch. However, there is a little area behind where the washer and dryer are, underneath the stairs, that didn't drain and the water seeped through into our boys room and into another closet. Thankfully there was nothing on the floor in the closet but the boys' room carpet has to be removed and the carpet in our living room area downstairs is soaked at the foot of the stairs. Some books were in a box near the laundry room and there was a leak in that area too so the boxes got wet. There was a plastic tub with legos in it that we dumped at least 2 gallons of water out of. We're thankful it was where it was because it probably saved some more damage.

What's strange is I usually get up in the middle of the night but I slept through and even slept late. DH said he got up once but didn't go into the kitchen. Oh well, can't do anything about it. Our 5yo admitted to being the one to turn up the thermostat, he's always the coldest but we're still not sure why he did it.

Well, gotta run and get some more caffeine. Talk to you later,

Good afternoon everyone. I've had a very busy week and I've missed you all terribly. Paul and I have been carpooling and that means that I was out of here at 5 AM and I stayed in town due to gas prices until my shift started. That made for some very long days.

We went today to pick up Paul's truck from my dad. Dad had to do some work on it so now it's running like a new one. I'll actually get to sleep in a bit this week.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I've got more veggies to get in the freezer and I have tomatoes to pick and do something with them.

Hi every one

I have had a quiet weekend, took DD and her friend to the local show on Saturday, had a little look around and came home. DH stayed up there with the girls till the fireworks. The girls were rapt witht the rock climbing wall - forget showbags, they went rockclimbing!

Bookworm - Have you checked out your household insurance to see if it coveres the water damage? One of our girls left a tap dripping overnight and the result was the hardest to get to cupboard was water damaged and we got all new kitchen cupboards!. The insurance didn't cover the doors as they weren't damaged, but the repairer did them for us, as we took the opportunity to finish remodeling the kitchen.

Have a great day

Sue

Archived