MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flax seed plant question

Jewlzm

I wasnt sure where to put this question so I thought this might be the best place. Ive never delt with flax seed plants before however seeds were given and so were planted. I thought someone might tell me what to do with it after it was planted? Its up and has some nice blue flowers. But now what?

wait until the flowers turn to seed, cut the plant and put in a paper bag. When the pods dry they will open and the seeds will explode out of the pods. I put the plant in upside down so the cut stalks are out of the bag. I then wrap twine around it the top of the bag and hang it up in the rafters of my patio.

ok I did that part.. thank goodness I asked today.. it looks like the plants are dry enough to pop the seed pods any day. Do I just put them in with my recipes or keep them for salves? Ive been reading on herbal remedies. Maybe I should go ask that section too.. lol Thank you for all your help westbrook.

UR welcome! did you know the plant is beaten to get all the little fine fibers, and then wovento make Linin. (the process is a wee bit longer but that is the short of it)

Archived