MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sensational Saturday

mommafitz

i am here eating sourdough toast with grapefruit marmalade, and drinking freshly ground arabica coffee. Sapphire is off visiting family for the month, and pat is working today, so its just me and morrigan. Morrigan LOVES those instant oatmeal packets, so i have been buying them up for her. sapphire loves hot cerial too, so i imagine that she will want them too. i rearranged my kitchen the other week, and not i have an actual spot for all my cerials. before now they just stayed on the table, and made the place look unkept..or cluttered. you know, i forgot to mention in the sunporch, it was Jo and kevins anniversary on august 10th. i cant rem,ember what year they got married, but i think it has been 4 years? jo?

well, i will start an official congradulatory thread in the sxunpoarch. i miss joannas posts, and hopefully she will be back soon. i know she misses mrs.s. (that sounds funny if you say it out loud..misses mrs.s

i used the spell check, but all my mistakes are still there...?

Afternoon all! I missed posting in the Diary yesterday. Hope I didn't miss anything major!

I'm working on putting up corn now. Have 34 bags so far and hubby is in the garden now getting more. I'm so sick of corn already! I keep telling him that's enough, but he says, "What are we going to do with all of it?" I say, "Give it away!". He always plants too much!

I'm still trying to get my apples to put up. Hubby's friend decided they needed a little more time to be ready. I just want my "life" back. Life without canning, freezing, or drying every day. I plan on canning other things like soups, chili, etc for the next few months, but at my own pace. Maybe once a week. My house has never been such a diseaster! And I'd like to go to a flea market or something before summer is over.

Better get off here now. Hubby is outside shucking corn. Guess I should go help him...*sigh*

Everyone have a great day!

Kaye

Afternoon everybody! I cut the heads off some of the sunflowers so I could let them dry. Got the rest of the flax up and in bags. Pulled some dry greenbeans got them threaded and hanging for the finishing drying process before harvesting seeds. Went to the dump and got these people fed. Now its time for the lovely job of cleaning. I hope you all are having a more fun day than this. LOL

Archived