MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What happened to recipezaar.com?!?!?!

Recipezaar used to be one of the places I'd go to, to search out a new recipe, or replace one that I'd lost. As the years have gone by, their ad space has gradually increased, but nothing too major. It had a huge variety of recipes. I realize a site like that must be a lot of work, and some of the start of programming was probably fairly expensive. but cost wise, at this piont, they shouldn't be paying much more than hosting, perhaps a yearly licensing fee, or a small monthly fee for the software that allows users to post recipes.

I went there last week and it is now only ads. clicking on a recipe, any recipe, takes you to an ad. How could a site like that dupe it's loyal users in that manner? It really ticks me off. Because, while a few newbies may go for the ads, they've done nothing but make their loyal users go elsewhere. I certainly won't be clicking on their ads and giving them any revenue now that they've done this.

I wholly understand the need to make a site "pay its own bills". I've been surprised that DArlene has never, ever put a few ads on a few pages, or started an affiliate program for a few things that would be beneficial here. But I think it's horrible to change a site that probably thousands of people found useful, to something that no longer serves that purpose. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

OK, done venting.

Mo7

Archived