MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ronco Food Dehydrator

Melissa603

Hi I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but I have a Ronco Food Dehydrator that has only been used twice. I like using the oven better. But I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting one... I have this for sale or trade (shipping must be covered by you). If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks!

I feel so negligent. I've got two as well but the most that they get used for is making pineapple "candy" (as my 4 year old niece insists that the dried pinapple is candy, I'll go along with it. Great to have a small child clamoring for fruit instead of chocolate!) these days.

I am willing to make a great deal on this if you're interested in it. Like I said it's in EXCELLENT condition. I just don't have use for it. I use the oven instead... which I find easier for me in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for butting in on this post, but I saw the word dehydrator.

I'm teaching a class this weekend and hope to put the fees into purchasing a dehydrator and vacum sealer in an effort to stock up on non canned foods. The idea being to vacum seal bags of dehydrated fruit, veg and meat etc. The otlay for this is going to be over £100.

Am I going down the right path with this or am I better off spending the money on tins and packets ?

Ogre

My humble opinion is to first get the canned, and packaged stuff you need that stores well like water, rice, oatmeal, beans, peanut butter, tuna, canned meat, no egg pancake mixes etc. first before applianaces, because for the same outlay in money, you can get a lot of servings of food. I love my dehydrator, you can dehydrate serveral pieces of fruit, and it is just a little bit of food, because it shrinks so much. I bought my dehydrator to enhance my storage variety, after I got my essentials. I can throw fruit on it, before it goes bad and goes to waste. I love my vac sealer because it also enhances what I already have, increases the storage life of things.

Archived