MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday

mommafitz

That's wonderful news mommafitz! Now you finish the job by being a good girl and taking it easy.

As to the visitors, I know just what you mean but not sure how to advise you to handle it. Would one of the family members run interference?

The last time I had a medical procedure done and my pastors wife called and said that they wanted to come, I was honest with her and told me it would stress me out, because I would feel I had to get the house ready and be a hostess when I'd really rather just rest. It worked for me.

Take care!

Stephanie

Isn't it funny how visitors mean so well, yet can be so not wanted at this time.

I would call them and tell them that you are really tired and need to sleep. Then tell them you'll call when you're more up to "entertaining". Maybe they'll get the picture. I mean, heck, if they want to bring a casserole and stay for five minutes, come on over, but if they want to visit, you will feel like you need to entertain them and you certainly don't need to be doing that! OR...if they don't get the pic, ask them to come at a time your DH will be home, and he can run interference. "Thank you so much for coming, but mommafitz is sleeping right now and I really don't want to wake her. Her medicine really knocks her out. I will make sure to let her know you stopped by. Perhaps you could call her tomorrow."

I am officially on limited bedrest until my next appointment. I started having contractions yesterday. I thought at first they were Braxton HIcks, but they just kept cruising along. Ended up at the local ER (my doc is over an hour away) and they consulted with my doc. My next appt is next week so he will further evaluate me then. I have no cervical changes, so that is good. Not sure how I'm supposed to achieve limited bedrest with a toddler, but I know other women have done it, so I will too. I asked them for a doctor's note for the maintenance man and they looked at me funny so I had to explain the whole deal to them. No note, though. Hopefully my doc will give me one if he continues the bedrest. Hopefully he won't since my cervix is fine.

OK, I'm moving pillows, blankie and such to the couch. Then roan and I will have some play time on the couch! It will be fun to take it easy and hang out with him, though. That part I will definitely enjoy.

Mo7

Archived