MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Newbee's to canning.....ENCOURGEMENT!!!

whitewolf55

Fairly new to this forum, but have been canning,etc. for YEARS!!lol Just wanted to encourage those new to canning to keep on trying and experiment (safely of course). Today I realized AGAIN how nice it was to be able to go to my pantry and basically "grab dinner". Thought I would have alot of extra time today to cook and then "things" came up. Now I am pushed for time to cook dinner. But then I started looking and "there was dinner". I can have it fixed in about 30 minutes. So don't just can pickles and jellies....try canning veggies, meats, soups, stews,....almost anything your heart desires...if you can't can a certain recipe, you can at least can parts that will be needed and really shorten' your meal prep time. Just my 2 cents worth.

Whitewolf

I chime in and and say THATS RIGHT THATS RIGHT Is the best thing too do for your family and yourself, they get something good to eat and you the honor of knowing it you did it all by your self. It is so hard to explain it to anyone that just think canning is just too much work, But when you open a jar of something so delicious and you know whats in it and how it was made it makes up for any kitchen mess and sore feet that you got doing it . Right Darlene (lol)

Archived