MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wed Jan 31

MommyofSeven

Good morning!

DH just showed me the most wonderful thing outside. The moon was setting behind the mountains and illuminating some clouds and wow! It was breathtaking!

We got our shopping done y esterday, I'm so relieved that I have all the baby stuff I feel I need.

Today I'm going to work in the kitchen and get that cleaned up. The maintenance man will be over Friday to fix the washer drain and snoop. Our big inspection is Feb 20th. I'm not sweating that, though. When we had our pre-inspection inspection, the mm found nothing wrong. Well, he found stuff wrong, but it was stuff like we're not supposed to use tape on the walls, we have to use push pins, and we need a lightbulb over the stove. But nothing wrong with our cleaning. And I had told everyone the night before he came "This will have to be good enough, we do actually have to live here." So that makes me happy. If I get the kitchen done today, I can do floors and the living room tomorrow and be all done.

Roan can escape the living room!!! There is no where in this house to put baby gates-even in the halls they are too wide for what we can find or afford, so we had to be creative and improvise. Well, add to that, that I have a hard time getting over baby gates anyway (5'2"), and certainly could not do so pregnant (can you just imagine the picture of that in your head?!?!?!), and we definitely had to figure something out. Anyway, we used two rubbermaid bins to block the exit from the living room so he was confined in there. Well now, at the grand old age of 15 months, he can climb over the bins. Most of the time he just goes and joins whoever is on the other side, and hangs out with them. This is most difficult when one is in the bathroom, though, as you can't exactly get up and chase him if he goes elsewhere. He also loves the kitchen, and while he'd found the "food cabinet" earlier, yesterday he figured out you can actually take food out of it. So I"m fixing lunch and go into the bathroom and come back in the kitchen and get's got his bottle of mlk in one hand and a handful of animal crackers in the other and he looks so completely pleased with himself that I couldn't bring myself to take the animal crackers away. So now the kitchen is an all you can eat buffet LOL. Last night at Walmart we got those cabinet thingies so tonight they will be blocked off, well at least the ones he doesn't need to be in. 4 in the kitchen and the bathroom one. Then I need to go in and babyproof the dining room-that is where we store the kids' toys that they don't want Roan getting, or that are choking hazards, so they will need to be rearranged, then if I keep the bedroom doors closed he can have his free reign.

OK, I've spent so much time typing that someone else has probably posted for Wed LOL.

You all have a wonderful day!

Mo7

Hi All

Wednesday was hot again

My plans to chop down the macadamia tree are on hold as apparently I might be able to rescue it. I am not sure whether I can be bothered as we will probably move from here by the end of the year. So I have spread sand over the new lawn to help level it out. And I might dig some holes tonight for the trees/plants I need to plant. There is no point in keeping them in pots as they are struggling and would probably die.

I thought DH was coming home today, but he escaped! He is now thinking of going to his sisters for the night and coming home Friday.

So I am off to keep decluttering my sewing room, that is moving all the unwanted stuff the girls have left there and taking it to the op-shop so I can do some work in there.

Take care

Sue

Archived