MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

AN INTERESTING DISCOVERY DURING COLD & FLU SEASON

Nana

During this past fall & winter when we all normally get bad colds, I implemented my plans for squashing any future flu bugs. Hubby took elderberry extract capsules, Vit C & zinc all winter and didn't even get the sniffles.

Cricket caught a nasty cold and promptly gave it to me. Both of us took echinacea, zinc, mega doses of Vit C, drank green tea, and used anti-viral kleenex. In a couple of days, we were both feeling much better. As a matter of fact, we actually started to feel better in less than 24 hours.

Neither of the kids caught a cold, though Mika had a runny nose for a day.

I think the most significant 'bug fighters' were the vit C and the anti-viral kleenex. We took a full gram (1,000 mg) of Vit C every 2 hours - 3 doses, and then 500 mg. 4 x per day. Before anyone gets excited about the dosage, you cannot overdose on Vit C. Anything you don't utilize just leaves your body as waste. The same thing with zinc. It even works with children, although I'd cut the dosage in half, as that is quite a bit of acid to put in a little tummy, and will cause gastric distress.

I honestly believe the anti-viral kleenex kept us from passing those germs around. I will never buy any other brand, as long as it is on the store shelves.

One other thing; green tea is a miracle in a cup. 'Nuff said.

Of course, you mileage may vary. wink

Thank you Nana for your research. My family didnt fair to badly over the winter it was as soon as it started to warm up that all the head colds hit. And then it turned to something else. So next year I will know what to have on hand! Thanks again!

Archived